litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

I Actually Drove It Today

Steve J

So jealous of you guys getting to go out yesterday, was stuck yesterday fitting a set of coilovers to a Civic and a "quick disc and pad change" on a mates Passat that turned into an all dayer. Fucking electric rear calipers that can't be wound back without a diagnostic computer ranting2.gif Ended up taking the battery off and short circuiting the motors to run backwards, nightmare!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't a clue Alan, gonna ring Gav this afternoon see if he's heard from the insurance company.

The only shame is that the sooner I get it back the sooner it goes up for sale.

That is a shame, but on the bright side the quicker you sell yours the quicker you can buy its replacement.

Then let the fun start.

Me too. I nipped out for a quick blast in the Exige this afternoon and ended up doing a 60 miler - suuuuuuperb.

Now that's quality. :)

A couple of weeks back I got mine out of the garage to wash it, then took it for "a quick spin round the block to dry the brakes".

It would appear that our block extends to Lichfield & back, round trip of about 22 miles. Wifey was not impressed...:)

I did the same on Sunday, the sun came out the wife and youngest went shopping so I went for a little blast up the road which turned into a 30 mile blast. I was a bit nervous to start with as its the first proper drive I have had since the suspension was rebuilt and she seemed much harder and a bit twitchy, got to get used to driving her again. Got lots of admiring looks and even a couple of thumbs up from some bikers who were out for a blast tootongue.gif

I took mine out of the garage at the weekend too. Sobbed some more, took the harnesses out, and put it back in the garage.

(for those that don't know why or where I've been recently, I'll explain later)

Archived