litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Insurance: Good News!

kayj_prod

I think there have been a couple of other posts about insurance premiums coming down this year. Well, I got my renewal quote from Hagerty and its £140 less than last year! (No, I haven't had a significant birthday in the mean time...) I've not been able to do any other ringing around to the insurers who don't open on Saturdays, but I've already got a lower quote from Adrian Flux who previously wouldn't cover me.

This leaves me money in the kitty for either upping my mileage limit so I can do a bit of a Euro-trek this year, or some mods. Yay!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Flux have been good to me in the past but wanted over a grand when I bought the Exige last year as they said "well you've never had a car like that before". Might give them another chance having had it a year and not disappeared off the road in a fireball. Be interested to hear how your other quotes go as I was expecting to pay less this year.

I remember when I bought an old 309 GTi goodwood a couple of years ago (3rd car), prior to going to brum to look at it i had already done a money supermarket etc quote prior to going to look at it, when I bought it and went to inception the policy but they put the price up £100, when I asked why they said as I had just bought it and therefore not used to the power, I told them about the Elise and the Leon Cupra r I had at the time but they had me by the short and curliest so had to pay it.

REIS couldn't get anywhere close. Hagerty dropped their quote a little more after I told them about Flux and included Euro breakdown cover, so I'm going with them. Even if I ring around more, I don't expect to get much if any lower than Flux. Not having to do a load of new documentation and photos is worth it.

I'm looking at going with Henderson Taylor which include trackdays or with AIB which is cheaper but no trackdays. Both quotes are way cheaper than the CCI renewal.

To trackday or not to trackday???? Mmmmmmm.

Been with Henderson Taylor for a while and he has again offered me a good renewal (pretty much as last year) but with a lower excess and guaranteed value. Trackdays inc as well. All others I have contacted were at best the same or higher.

Think there was some bad info spread around some forums about what he could and couldn;t cover so I do recomend giveing them another chance.

Archived