litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

New Nipper On The Way, New Motor

olliecast

Morning all.

Regretabilly ive had to sell the beloved elise :( not getting time to get on track enough and piling daily road miles on.

Also expecting of first mini-ollie too :)

Bought a starship enterprise instead.

20140201_151317_zps49ff9d33.jpg

20140201_151337_zpsdb1b8571.jpg

its a good sleeper even though it saus 335d on the back.

Sooo comfy and with that a little boring until flipped across into sport.

remap is on the cards. 720nm :/

Ollie

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations Ollie.

On the subject of the 335, how does the gear box feel for sportiness when you knock it into sport? Presume you have the paddles in there as well? Obviously being a diesel it wont rev particularly high still, but do you get more control over when the gear change occurs?

J.

Yeah the paddles are there.

When in sport its fantastic. Throttle response is alot more sensitive. The gearbox is good tbh. If anything, I change earlier when in sport than when in auto sport as the torque just gets you going so fast.

Newsflash, remap just booked in. 340hp and 720nm!

Had another scan this morning too. Cant believe how much our little people move around :)

I tested a 2013 330D the other week and the torque of the thing was incredible - almost undriveable in the wet - it was so easy to break traction leaving roundabouts etc.

How do you think the 335D would cope on a track? Do you think you'd run out of revs too easily?

I think you'd run out of rubber alot easier laugh.png

Yes, well based on my experience in a 330D, I can agree with that!

Umming and arring over a 330/335 petrol or diesel and manual or automatic. :s

Congrats on the baby news, our little one is 8 weeks now, lots of happy moments, sleepless nights and tears all round but once they arrive you wouldnt have life any other way :)

Archived