litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

"i Don't Know Why You'd Need More Than A Standard 120Bhp K

chrislane

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My std 118 S1 made 126 Tdi tomatoes. Only a decay a k&n and a sport back box. Tdi is hub mounted and they add 12.5% to the figure for just the transmission losses. After a ton of work I only added 20bhp. The difference was epic though. More torque the key point. However point was a std 1.8k makes far more than quoted, or at least mine did.

I agree with Chris Lawless, these cars are about handling and cornering not power figures. Having had a Subaru with 305 and current M135 with 320 I find my Lotus gives me the biggest smiles. I have never had anything that stays as flat through the corners. I have spent a shed load on my suspension and hubs, may fiddle with the brakes but probably won't touch the engine, other than general servicing etc, it's all about what the individual wants from their car. When I had the Scooby so many lads went mad on boosting the power, expensive remaps, pops and bangs etc just to say they had 450bhp and them something would go wrong and it would be off the road. But could 450 be used any more than 300 in the real world, maybe if you were tracking them all the time or doing time trials.

Jimbo there you are! Long time no see. Come to Blyton with us on 8th March. Have you seen the thread?

Hi Dean, I have been on family duties most of last year, but trying to get back on the scene.

I did see the Blyton thread and could be tempted. I found it to be quite a good track last time we went. I better get a move on in getting the old girl back together again.

Archived