litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

In (Everyday) Car Cameras

jonnyfox

I had planned on buying a more expensive 2 channel jobby. But two things changed my mind: the £200-£300 outlay and the size of them. They aren't massive, but in my opinion stand out a little too much for my liking, I tend to leave the car in station car parks regularly, I'd worry that some thief is going to see £200+ of recording equipment as too much of a temptation. And lets face it, if I have to remove and refit every time eventually I won't bother and the one time I need it it'll be in the glove box!

So my main priority was now size, I wanted something discreet. But I also wanted something reliable and good quality and ideally 1080p. I'd pay a higher price if it was 2 channel, but a single channel would be fine if the price was nice and low.

Anyway after some research I found this, the 0801 Mini )also mentioned above. It's tiny yet still comes with a built in LCD screen! You're probably aware of the Techmoan reviews? Well when the guy who reviews all these cams chooses to have this installed in his car full time then it has too be good?

http://youtu.be/ZdPHXv8Hzj8

And less than £80 delivered for the GPS model! (cheaper if you don't want that) Here is a link for anyone that's interested.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/E-PRANCE-Original-Ambarella-Recorder-Resolution/dp/B00F2GMWCG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1392114174&sr=8-1&keywords=0801

Well it arrived, nice quick delivery :) Very pleased, the camera is tiny! Should be very discreet when fitted. Took some pictures of whats in the box along with a pic with my iPhone 4s to give you an indication of size. I'll take some more when fitted and some footage. Maybe at the weekend

20140213_194410.jpg
20140213_194547.jpg
20140213_194623.jpg
20140213_194503.jpg

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got hit in a car park shortly after installing the ebay unit, my front passenger quarter panel was caved in whilst parked, something you would know you did had you done it (Wanker).  Anyways I checked the camera to get the reg of the car next to me upon parking (me pulling in) as it was no longer there when I left and it was unreadable.  I got what I paid for.

Archived