litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Lotus Record

P4N Lotus

Anyone see lotus record breaking challenge meant to be in April at hockenhien for the most amount of lotus meet? Curious why it's not in the uk seeing as though its a British breed car and all that ? Maybe MLOC should attempt to beat it at chatsworth

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We took part in the 'Brunty or Bust Tommy's The most Lotus on a Track' record attempt in 2004... in our 10 day old S2 Exige (I think it was the only S2 Exige there)! :)

I'm not sure if it ever made it into the Guinness Book of Records though! :D

And we ended up with a chipped windscreen, sticky tyres flicking stones everywhere. *tuts*

E&R. :)

It failed on a technicality I recall (because there was a type R there, in a civic body, oops I must keep my Elise off the central crash barrier)

A great day though and I met mt Julian Thompson

Yes fine thanks.

I was invited by the old crewto Prescott last July, had a couple of runs up the hill in the Elise to show hem what a proper car can do, some of the old guys are still involved but not as good as the old days though

The good ole days were wicked. punk.gif Sleeping in a tent with 11 men, and being dragged across a field in your sleeping bag, then running back naked waving your sleeping bag in the air instead of 'potato sacking' it back super slow stylee, like said 11 lad mates expected you to....

Camo'ing your car just to annoy the bling car crew! ohmy.pngclap.gif Or was that just me? unsure.giflaugh.gif

And we got to share lots of laughs with Laura Coleman, the Miss England to be. She's still my friend now, great lady. afro.gif

Daren't even mention the stuff that we got up to in the Scamp Owners Club, but we always left skid marks up everybody's dirt tracks!
E&R wink.png

Archived