litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Going For Paint Next Week.....

jonnyfox

What do you reckon.....saw an animated pic on Google images and thought....like it....

image_zpsd0fe6a0e.jpg

image_zpsa44da13f.jpg

image_zps21993778.jpg

It's basically a Sprint render done by a friend, shadows are missing. The black and white paint will be a satin finish and the stripe a changeable gloss vinyl. There will also be lots of new stickers and a windscreen strip...a little more subtle inc MLOC. There is some other stuff but I'll update the thread in technical when done :-)

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Chris has hit the nail on the head. The problem is the clam joins are too close the colour change. They show too much on a light colour and moving the joining stripe up to hide means the front of the clam would be a problem to look right

See if it looks better moving the bottom colour down a bit so it's at the bottom of the side pod or going for a darker top colour?

Can you go for a narrower orange separator stripe?

Cheers Russ cool.png

Steve, Chris...The Sprint is the format I'd like to achieve however the vinyl can be cut any size, it's just vinyl so if this doesn't work out I can reshape and colour at will I guess.

Me personally would prefer black sat above and white satin below with either a stripe that's, gold,chrome, silver, gloss yellow , carbon, gloss black , titanium grey and then subtle accents of the third colour placed on spoiler ends, wing mirrors and front splitter lip

Thanks, new V6 mirrors are going on and the wing end plates but will both be orange. The satin black and the heat now from the engine makes the car a hot box. White on top was a priority in helping cool the car during the summer. You do lose the shape slightly in keeping the bottom of the car black below but I think the wheels certainly help as will other little details finishing it off. The gold stripe looked shite IMO, I couldn't get past the monochrome effect is had on the entire paint scheme. The greys you mention would only help to ruin the positive impact a vibrate colour has in such small detail. The yellow would look good but I think dayglo green would look better. See what you think.....

image_zps4913e27c.jpg

image_zps3737236d.jpg

image_zps5c26e785.jpg

Archived