litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

New Hard Top

stockhome

Just thought i would post up my latest mod, i am quite pleased with the results. just need to get the interior trimmed now

12187793414_c228c0aac0_o.jpg

Its a great photo picked it up from a guy on SELOC pity its not me driving

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think the hardtop makes the elise i love mine with it on.

Same here, that's why we bought an Exige when we sold the Turbo Esprit. And I rarely took the hardtop off my VX220 for the very same reason...

I like canvas back Land Rovers, Willys Jeeps, etc, but that's where my rag-top love ends. biggrin.gif

Coupe all the way, baby!

E. ;)

looks good sheldon!

i think the hardtop makes the elise i love mine with it on.

Same here, that's why we bought an Exige when we sold the Turbo Esprit. And I rarely took the hardtop off my VX220 for the very same reason...

I like canvas back Land Rovers, Willys Jeeps, etc, but that's where my rag-top love ends. biggrin.gif

Coupe all the way, baby!

E. wink.png

Yes i completely agree i really think it finishes the car. I only really take the softop off unless its blazing sunshine i think heater in early s2 and Vx220 are the same. Mine is absolutly pointless jsut blows luke warm air at you.

The inside is just bare grp just need to get it trimmed now

Mine is an early 2002 with manual controls, a phsical cable goes to the heater box which is prone to ceasure. this is the same setup as the VX 220 and was just not up the the job.

Lotus changed the design of the heaters for cars after 2002 they have electrical controls which is prone to water ingress and failure of the fan speeds.

al in all S1 heaters are the best apparently

My VX220 heater wasn't too bad to be honest, but it certainly wasn't a patch on the (S2) Exige's... toasty warm! :) The S4s heater isn't anything to shout about either (we're not sure if it just wants tweaking, coz we can't remember what the Turbo Esprit heater was like), but we don't buy these cars for the heater, so we can't really complain. biggrin.png

Looks lovely with the hardtop on Sheldon, always loved G's Elise when he had the hardtop on it - prefered the look of it to my Elise, not that I would have admitted that to him at the time!

Archived