litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Car Insurance Due Soon, Suggestions?

P4N Lotus

So my insurance is due soon, any suggestions on here, last time I used CCI many moons ago but was aware these whacked up their prices and put many off , so does anyone have any suggestions or is there a sponsor who MLOC have a good partnership with?

Thanks

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

adrian flux got my business after cci went crazy. 28 years old with 7 years ncd. 10k miles a year £600 on a exige 240 s

Chris

That's a good price considering your age... do you get any track day coverage with that?

Mark

Richard Egger for me at present, although there's a guy on SELOC (Schnitzel) who runs a brokerage (1Answer, I think) and is doing good rates for Lotus owners. I'll be giving him a call as I've just had my renewal through. No concerns of REIS price but might as well check the alternatives.

There's also a couple of new MLOC sponsors who are worth a call (or they wouldn't bother sponsoring MLOC...).

Copied my info from another thread as it may help.........

Hi All, just thought might be worth sharing and opinions welcome in who to use.

So my Elise is no longer covered by CCI as I am too young for an Elise. 38! It's modified a tad for racing etc. So rang around today for quotes. So engine power up, suspension, a frame, brakes, seats, safety kit. Results are in.

REIS 329 300 excess 4 track days

Manning 354 100 excess unlimited track days

Adrian Flux 300 250 excess no track days. 70+ per track day

Chris Knott. Computer say no

Henderson Taylor 322 250 excess 5 uk track days.

Anyone had experience of using any of the above especially a claim?

Just seen another insurance thread so thought this night be useful too.

Stu

adrian flux got my business after cci went crazy. 28 years old with 7 years ncd. 10k miles a year £600 on a exige 240 s

£1608!!!! I just been quoted by Adiran Flux was not expecting that , best quote I've had so far is from eSure and Sheila's wheels both just under £300

Thats interesting paul. I did a money supermarket quote on an evora yesterday and esure and shielas wheels were cheapest at £200 - i thought it was an error as next cheapest was over £500 - cci quoted me over £800 (but that does include 6 trackdays)

I've just done the rounds with my S1, 1999 CN exhaust, Hurricane, S2 seats Quantum suspension, I'm 48, use my full no claims on my Audi daily drive, but have 4 years NCB with the Lotus . I have been with CCI for the previous 4 years and if I'm honest I have been very happy with them. However, as they have increased their price by £30+ each year I thought I'd look around.

I tried all of the usual suspects, a couple wouldn't insure because my car isn't garaged and 1 Answer who appear to be seloc insurer of the month came back with a quite laughable renewal of £638, must be something to do with living in the sticks and not darn saarfunsure.gif . Finally went with Manning(Speak to Gyles he understands mods and Lotus): http://www.manninguk.com/automotive/ who not only covered track days, but also give a guaranteed value, they came in at just under £100 cheaper than CCI at £230. cheers.gif

hth

So my insurance is due soon, any suggestions on here, last time I used CCI many moons ago but was aware these whacked up their prices and put many off , so does anyone have any suggestions or is there a sponsor who MLOC have a good partnership with?

Thanks

Best route to cheaper (note that I say "cheaper" beause insurance for a Lotus is never going to be cheap) insurance is through the IAM. Once you've passed the advanced driving test, you can get quotes through Surety and they will beat any genuine quote. Shimple.....

I went through this a few weeks ago, called 7 of the usual suspects and compared prices, excesses, track day cover etc. 1Answer got my business but it was very close with Manning. Henderson Taylor were close.

If track days are your thing you need one with it included, if you're so more than a couple a year.

There is a recent insurance thread on here where I posted up a detailed spreadsheet of my results, may save you some time :)

For reference, I'm 39, 8 yrs ncb, big fault claim with the last 2yrs, low risk area, heavily modded Exige.

Paul, if you find out that the esure quote is genuine then let me know please

Hi Chris, called eSure today as I too was shocked by the price also didn't believe it myself, but they reassured me prices were correct, all details were exactly as my current provider, in the end mine came down to £275.07 , it allows the policy holder to drive third party on other vehicles too with the owners consent , no track days though .

Or if you want to make your misses happy go with Sheila's wheels it covers for handbag contents and is the same company as esure. I was actually surprised at Tesco car insurance at £381 too if I'm honest , I thought I'd be looking at £900+ , I was paying alot more than £300 on an Elise and a ford focus.

So in conclusion the Evora seems to be good value cheap insurance , cheapish tax £280 (12months), if you buy the 2 year service plan from Lotus Stratstone it's also cheap to run £399 (2x full services , 2x MOTs, 2x Car health checks and 2x approved Lotus service stamps) only thing that is costly is the fuel and tyres what's stoping you Chris ;) oh and they are warm in winter and the roof don't leak or get damp either.

Archived