litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

I Need Your Help, Please

vgkracing

Hi Guys

I am working in 2 expensive and complicated projects and I want know if these projects can be interesting to lotus community.

The info here:

http://www.vgkracing.com/news.php

Can you help me with your views about that?

All the best and thanks in advance

Vicente Guijarro

www.vgkracing.com

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you are on to a looser I'm afraid. There is a reason (lots actually) why the large manufacturers have looked at this, and then bookshelved it very quickly.

There are plenty of patents on VCR etc if you need to know more.

Rather than changing the block height, I would look at changing con-rod length. You mention changing conrod length leaves the piston hanging at TDC longer - this means you are limiting when the valves can open, hence loosing out there... you need to change the length during its stroke.

Variable inlet length has been around for years (Jaguar used a switchable manifold to change between short and long....)

I would be contacting universities who have connections with manufacturers.

If you have a conceptual presentation of your ideas, your welcome to send to me, and I will review them with our research team at JLR.

Try electrical actuated valves..... big gains there if you can over come the cost and noise of the solenoids.

Try electrical actuated valves..... big gains there if you can over come the cost and noise of the solenoids.

Didn't the owner of Koenigsegg have a concept engine with electrical actuated valves a couple of years back?

Dear Guys

Thanks for sharing your concerns with me, this I will help, no doubt.

About Matt C says, I am sorry, but my english is very poor, because I need to use in much ocassions a translator.

With larger con rods, the pistons are more time at TDC than shorter con rods, but this not means that the valves can be hit in the pistons, because between valves and piston crown the difference can be increased or decreased in funtion of the con rods length or block height.

Currently, I have the height enought to use a 2180 without problem, anyway I can increase more than this measure if I needed it.

So if I understand you, this will be not a problem, I sure.

About system to extend the trumpets, I am doing several test with solenoids, electrical, pneumatics systems, etc.

The possible length in the con rods with a new height block can be around 140/141mm instead to 134mm that have now, with an stroke of 93/93.3mm instead to 91.60mm.

By the moment this is only a project and I am working in several test over parts and drawings, etc.

I hope that in 2015 can be able to put in sell, because I need test it as a minimum 6 months.

All the best and many thanks

Vicente

Archived