Midlands Lotus Owners Club (MLOC)

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

J M Stott

Lotus Elise 111S Wheels

18 posts in this topic

Which one goes out more I say its the Lotus nice wheels .

I had a S2 111s which I had a few issues with and on one of the many trips back to Hethel to get it sorted I was told that the people who made the wheels (Rimstock) I think, sprayed the wheels in batches of four, all well and good, but sadly they never passed the info on to Lotus, so Lotus started fitting them as they came along hence daves2111s comment earlier in the thread of varying colours, the originals were smoked towards the centre, this involved a blast of black to the centre area apparently and thats why you will never get an identical set.....unless you go for the solid silver or black.

• Similar Content

• By nokesy
      S1 and S2 clutch pedal trunnion bearing.
      Got an annoying squeak? this'll fix it.
      I have a few left (10 approx) £20 delivered
    • By M@r]{
      Mak XLR light weight wheels in Toyota fitment. Perfect fit for an S2 Exige, may fit Elise?  Shod with Advan A048's with legal tread. Easily enough tread for another track day or two. Wheels are in immaculate condition, no kerbing at all.
      Would make a great upgrade from the OEM y spokes or to have as a second set of wheels with winter or all season tyres on.  
      Two of them have lost the lotus badge off the centre caps.  Caps are still present, just needs a couple of those gel coat stickers from eBay. 
      Ive also got some more semi slick tyres that can be included for the right price.  I have 4 tears and 2 fronts. All have at least 3mm of tread.
      Collection from NN14 (30secs off the A14 in Northamptonshire). Can also arrange Collection from Northampton or Leicester. 
    • By Darren888
      Hi All,
      New to the Lotus scene and just purchased a purple S2 elise, yes a purple aubergine elise that many on forums seem to hate! But each to their own and i love the colour.

I have a few rather boring questions i'm hoping someone could point me in the right direction?

1) Interior Trim - Just noticed part of the interior trim has a tear, is there a store that is generally not over priced that people use for parts? (its the panel that houses the speaker and light switches on the driver side)

2) Window Trim - The black exterior window seal appears to have had its day and has formed a bubbling effect, where best to purchase such a replacement item?...any pointers?

3) Tyres - Currently sitting on AD07 all round and i'm having to replace both sets of rears, a tad confused many here swear by AD08 but i won't be running it on a track nor do i want to be caught out in the rain. Its not my daily car but nor do I want to be rushing home as soon a dark cloud appears, I also don't wish to be replacing tyres every year and some say it doesn't wear well. Is AD07 a discontinued item and replaced by AD08's?

Would I be mad to consider putting on Goodyear Eagle F1 tyres on the rear?

Thanks.
    • By Central Lotus
      Lotus Elise carbon fibre engine cover, the logo is optional, can be customised. Price: £299 Call to purchase. 

The first of our carbon fibre range, this will include; Engine covers(elise and exige), wing mirrors, door inserts and more to come.

For more information please call: 01159 123 400 or email: connor@centrallotus.com