Midlands Lotus Owners Club (MLOC)

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

J M Stott

Lotus Elise 111S Wheels

18 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I am new to both this forum and Lotus ownership (well i will be on Saturday when i pick her up cool.gif ) Hopefully it will be a great experience!

The car i have bought has black 111s wheels (carbon black i think he said) which look alright but my personal preference has always been silver wheels, my question is i have seen many people say the 111s wheels should be 'Smoked Chrome' has anybody got a picture of the smoked chrome wheels and a picture of just standard alloy wheel colour as i want to get them sprayed up before i pick the car up next saturday.

Thnaks in advance and soon as i pick her up i'll post some pics!

James

Its hard to tell but if you look at the pictures in my garage I have the stock colour wheels on my car, they haven't been painted in the cars lifetime.

0520111s3.jpg

That is a STUNNING lotus mate, wheels definately do it justice in the silver dont they, they look like a normal silver to me (although could be my poor quality phone haha) if they are a normal silver then i have made my decision because they look great there cheers!

James

Try not to get plain silver as they can appear bright and a little cheap in my opinion. They are chrome, if you google 'Elise 111S wheels' there's more pictures that show the colour better, this one shows them better also...

lotus_elise_s2_111s_4dd5a2694a869.jpg

Seloc wiki. Might be able to help in this front.

Either website or iOS version.

I have the originals (2003 111s) and they are not simply smoked chrome. The spokes and centre are smoked chrome but the inner rim fades to black.

They look great but I think they stopped doing them this way because of matching problems.

The wheels on one side are slightly darker than the other. Only noticeable if I take them off side by side.

To re paint this way would quite expensive I guess. Much easier to do a solid colour all over.

Here what I had on my Blue 111s which Allon White bought of me a couple of years ago.

Black Chrome .

post-99-0-81408300-1390463767_thumb.jpg

I have the originals (2003 111s) and they are not simply smoked chrome. The spokes and centre are smoked chrome but the inner rim fades to black.

They look great but I think they stopped doing them this way because of matching problems.

The wheels on one side are slightly darker than the other. Only noticeable if I take them off side by side.

To re paint this way would quite expensive I guess. Much easier to do a solid colour all over.

Mr 06 reg 111r has smoked chrome fronts with black inner wheel.

My previous 120bhp k series was same as well.

Yeah, cheers, pretty damn close, better picture of them here, My 111s next to my dads 360. Maybe one day he'll get confused and take mine and ill get his but i think i may just be dreaming there lol

post-5202-0-03642000-1391777104_thumb.jpg

makes your number plate look massive, I'd get a 3/4 size one for the front (or one with less digits!!)

• Similar Content

• By kerm111t
      Hi guys
      Apologies for the shameless plug, but thought some of you might be interested...
      As well as being a proud owner of an S2 Elise, I'm also a graphic designer and have just put together a range of Elise/Exige t-shirts, inspired by the famous Colin Chapman quote: 'Simplify, then add lightness'.
      They're available from www.mercht.com/u/kerm111t for a limited time (14 days from today) and come in a choice of five colours. Choose from the S2 Elise 111S, 111R or Exige (or all three if you're so inclined!)
      I'd really appreciate it if you could spare the time to take a look, provide me with any feedback and (obviously) would appreciate it even more if you choose to purchase one! Would be fantastic to see a few being worn at next year's LiTP!
      If you like them please feel free to spread the word within the Lotus community, or if there are any other designs you'd like to see just give me shout (thinking about adding the S1 Elise and V6 Exige at some point in the future).

Thanks
      Rob

• By Chris Harris
      Pair of great condition used Tillet B5 seats in full carbon, not the carbon/fibreglass standard version. Full Seat pads, with side mounts on slimline runners. 

These are over a grand each new on special order I believe.  Stock picture, but same seat, just bare carbon front and rear.

Can send photos if you need them, or update this if requested. 

Cheers
      Chris
      Oxford

• By NickB27

New Lotus Driving Academy opens at Hethel

Drivers seeking the opportunity to experience the latest Lotus sports cars at the famed manufacturer’s facility in Norfolk, will now have the chance, with the opening of the new Lotus Driving Academy in August 2017.

From as little as £119 for the entry level experience, right through to the intensive ‘Gold’ course at £899, the Lotus Driving Academy offers a range of experiences suitable for anyone looking for a more involving and informative track session that will enhance and hone their driving skills.

Jean-Marc Gales, Chief Executive Officer of Group Lotus plc, said, “Lotus Driving Academies around the world are hugely popular, giving hundreds of people the opportunity to enjoy the pure driving experience of a Lotus sports car in a high octane environment. This popularity has meant that we already have official Lotus Driving Academies in Malaysia, the USA and France and now a new one at Hethel, the home of Lotus. Only with the Lotus Driving Academy will you get an unbeatable experience on a challenging track in some of the best giant slaying sports cars you can drive.”

The new Lotus Driving Academy at Hethel uses a fleet of the latest Exige Sport 350 and Elise Sport 220 sports cars, with left hand drive versions also available for visitors from outside the UK. The Lotus Driving Academy packages consist of The ‘Scare Yourself Sensible’ experience, ideally suited as a gift, is £119, whilst the Bronze, Silver and Gold licence days build up to obtaining the coveted Lotus Licence. These challenge even the most ardent serial track day enthusiast, with more driving time learning skills such as power oversteer and heel and toe, a personal evaluation, the option of onboard footage and exclusive merchandise to remind themselves of their day.

All Licence participants receive an in-depth, behind-the-scenes look at the Lotus factory, as well as a tour of the Classic Team Lotus facility where they will see some of the cars from Lotus’ prestigious Formula 1 history, before rounding the experience off with a high-speed, on-the-limit ‘demonstration lap’ with one of the instructors. Guests of participants can also experience the tours and demonstration lap at an extra charge.

“Hethel has an extremely rich heritage and car enthusiasts will revel in the chance to learn new skills in the latest Lotus sports cars on our track where legends such as Jim Clark, Mario Andretti, Nigel Mansell and Ayrton Senna tested some of the most influential and successful F1 cars in history,” says Rupert Manwaring, Head of Motorsport, Lotus

Emphasising the technical input rarely found with other circuit driving experiences, the Lotus Driving Academy instructor team includes former F1 driver Martin Donnelly as well as GT and BTCC drivers, ensuring that any driver will learn something new or improve on existing skills from the day.

“Customers will not only learn much more about their driving, but also a good understanding of vehicle dynamics,” says Simon Poole, from the Lotus Driving Academy. “That’s what makes us different from other experiences; you really are coming to the home of vehicle dynamics to learn via one-on-one coaching from the masters.”

Bookings can be made now via:

Lotus Driving Academy website

Telephone: By calling (+44) 01953 608547

Email: Bookings@LotusDrivingAcademy.com

• By Digimap2k
      So I spent a lot of today replacing the rear wheel bearings. Whilst in the area I had a good poke around the toe links and can't decide what to do. It's a V plate S1 elise with aluminium hub uprights. Road tyres and not tracked but quite hard road use round the peaks most days. Joints on the toe link are of the captive ball variety with conical spacer, all moving freely. Look like original parts to me.
      So do I:
      (a) Pretend I never read any of the toe link fail threads and get on with my life.
      (b) Spend the £300 + geometry from hangar111, elise-parts, elise-shop etc
      (c) Spend the £500 + geometry on the spitfire kit.
      (d) Replace just the end that tends to fail.