litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Audi Conversions

Alex B

Hangar 111 have a Ford turbo conversion that looked really good when I saw it at the Donington Lotus show last year. It was a 1.6 I think, and almost as light as a k series.

<br /> <br />I remember the one dean. Looks a good conversion just well out if the price range.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Currently helping a friend build an S1 Audi Elise (circa 290-300bhp). It's certainly not as 'off the shelf' as the DIY Honda conversions but there are a couple of people out there who you can get mounts/driveshafts from.

A lot depends on what you decide to go for. For example you can get an adapter to retain the PG1 gearbox and then you retain the standard driveshafts, or if you go for the 6 speed Audi box you need different shafts.

ECU options also seem to vary, I've seen people run a standard Audi Ecu as well as an Emerald with good results. This one will be running an AEM ECU so will be interesting to see how it handles it.

Again, there are a number of turbo options and engine configurations dependant on anticipated horsepower you are aiming for. Feel free to drop me a message if you like. The work has come to a holt for a few months as the unit is freezing, with no heating or insulation but come March/April things will hopefully progress.

Archived