litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Audi Conversions

Alex B

anyone on here done their own audi conversion?
if so was it all custom made parts such as drive shafts, engine mounts etc?
can you run standard audi ECU or would emerald or other ecu be required?
Whats required wiring wise?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alex- I can not offer any help, but I purchased a 4-2-1 manifold off a 340R the other week. This was from "ttexige" off Solec.

He and his brother are fitting a 400BHP+ Audi lump in to the car. It wasn't completely finished, but looked a very neat install. Might be worth dropping him a pm and asking?

I have also seen a "Audi conversion kit" for sale on Solec and Ebay.

Why on earth would you want to fit an aftermarket conversion into a perfectly good car running a perfectly good engine like in yours? If the need does arises sell it and buy a shitty car that actually needs it. Be prepared to uprate everything considering the power increase and leave space in your wallet for constant reliability issues, not that it won't work but that it won't work properly as often as your current motor will. JSRacing, John Shorrocks is the only person you should speak to and only him IMO. He's a top bloke and one of the best in the business, very approachable.

http://www.jsracing.info/EngineConversions.aspx

Why on earth would you want to fit an aftermarket conversion into a perfectly good car running a perfectly good engine like in yours? If the need does arises sell it and buy a shitty car that actually needs it. Be prepared to uprate everything considering the power increase and leave space in your wallet for constant reliability issues, not that it won't work but that it won't work properly as often as your current motor will. JSRacing, John Shorrocks is the only person you should speak to and only him IMO. He's a top bloke and one of the best in the business, very approachable.

http://www.jsracing.info/EngineConversions.aspx

This!

But speak to M@r]{ as he used to have one.

Calm down jonny :)
the plan would be to sell mine and buy a cheap S1 or S2. I wouldn't dream of doing it to my 111R because its to good to do something like that to.
audi engines are reliable enough from what I've read.
as for the ford engines they are very good and reliable.

Had a gander through the JSR website.
Also had a look though Auto-Teknix

another idea im playing through is a SC rover.

had ideas flying around in my head. this is what being on call with no jobs happening causes.
only thing that put me off with JSR is the cost of his drive in drive out kits as when i decided to move on i've got a total budget in mind.

Nip down and see Steve Williams and test drive his Duratec cars as well :)

<br /><br />Did have a look on Steve Williams website at the duratec conversion. Will drop him a call.

Would that be the eco boost engine? I think the new Fiesta ST uses a version of this engine. With just a "ford approved" kit it can have around 215Ps? (i think)

Did yo get to have a go in it?

Archived