litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Completely Flat Battery

Christopher Lawless

Afternoon all.

Ive tried to start the Exige this afternoon after about 6 weeks, fully expecting to jump start it only to find the alarm and central locking to not even work which is a bit of a problem with the battery in the boot.

So my question is which panel at the bottom of the windscreen has the 2nd battery terminals I've heard about to jump it from and is it normal that my key doesn't work the door locks as the car only came with one key?

Thanks all :-)

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The central locking and key lock are 2 seperate things. Locking/unlocking one doesn't lock the other. Do you have the door pins? You can lasso one and pull it up to gain access.

But should the keys be the same? I only have one key which works the ignition but not the door locks?

There are pins but getting anything on them to pull them up will be well tricky as the roof is on. Worth a try though.

Ok right after charging up the jump starter I've got her going tonight and taken her to have a new Bosch battery fitted. One thing I've noticed since going flat is the Cobra alarm now beeps on locking and unlocking which I'm sure it never used to?? Does anyone elses beep on arming?

Also still don't understand the door locks. Are you saying the ignition key should operate the door locks or not? It almost makes me think the car has had new lock barrels at some point and there should be another key?

Cheers all

The same key should operate the ignition and door locks. Does your key not turn in the door lock? It should turn and prevent the lock being pushed in to open the door. Once locked by the key the remote locking won't unlock it and vice versa.

Ps. The beep can be turned off, it may beep more then once as the back up battery may be low. Mine only beeps if I arm the alarm then disable the internal sensor.

Archived