litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Lotus Used Car Value Rising?

P4N Lotus

Hi guys!

Been lurking for a while so thought it was about time I said hello!

Currently looking for an exige S2 and thought the exact same as everyone above, definitely noticed the trend.

I'm a bit surprised to see such strong prices - I thought they would drop off in winter! Reckon they will get even stronger as spring arrives?

Anyway what do you think of this one currently advertised on PH?

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/exige-s2/lotus-exige-touring-1-owner-4-600-miles/1969512

Looks lovely and not seen such a low mileage car for a while but do you reckon it's a bit over priced for an n/a even with that mileage?

My exige 240s is for sale if you would like details?

Chris

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely consider Chris's car, its a beaut! 2008/9, so later dash, in black, Supercharged and with the Performance Pack so 240bhp! AND low miles. AND for not much more than that one I believe?

IT'S A NO BRAINER!

I can vouch for this, if you choose carefully your hard earned will be safe in the right car.

My RGB sold for more than I paid for it 2 years ago! Rob, the new owner has a cracking car and because it is an RGB his money will be safe for years to come. A lot of it has to do with the fact that the V6 exige is priced much higher so they are essentially propping up S2 prices.

I like the fact that the Lotus community is relatively small and we don't want to let everyone into our little secret that they cost peanuts to run and residuals are fantastic.

Lets be honest, you'll lose much, much more on a euro barge!

Hi guys!

Been lurking for a while so thought it was about time I said hello!

Currently looking for an exige S2 and thought the exact same as everyone above, definitely noticed the trend.

I'm a bit surprised to see such strong prices - I thought they would drop off in winter! Reckon they will get even stronger as spring arrives?

Anyway what do you think of this one currently advertised on PH?

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/exige-s2/lotus-exige-touring-1-owner-4-600-miles/1969512

Looks lovely and not seen such a low mileage car for a while but do you reckon it's a bit over priced for an n/a even with that mileage?

It's heavily over priced for an N A. You'd get a SC for that with little over double the mileage.

Definitely consider Chris's car, its a beaut! 2008/9, so later dash, in black, Supercharged and with the Performance Pack so 240bhp! AND low miles. AND for not much more than that one I believe?

IT'S A NO BRAINER!

Cheers mark :-)

Mines a tiny amount over the price of that NA.

Archived