litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Lotus Used Car Value Rising?

P4N Lotus

Noticed recently many used lotus prices seem to be rising , all seem to be holding their value even better than they used too. Also notices lotus dealers are actively looking to source used 2004 onwards , great news for existing owners, your car is more than likely holding value very well if not in some cases starting to rise, I noticed the Elise's 111s going for more than what I paid for my previous one about 5 years ago - good news for owners ?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have wondered about this too. Saw Murray Lotus had a 2008 SC for sale last Nov. They pulled the advert relisted and added 1K to it and it had done another 1000 miles :) about 3 weeks later.

Proably due in part to the prices of the new Exige and Evora, folks realising they can get a secondhand, very quick sports car for little dosh. "nd hands are sought after while new arent seling that well. No wonder dealers are disappearing.

Hmm if the ads on autotrader are anything to go by then mine is basically about the same as i paid for it last year. It is a little tempting to sell, to be honest... Effectively had a year of fun for the cost of the insurance and fuel

Good news all round, even better with summer approaching..

I sold mine for exactly what I paid for it...I'd imagine a low miler in mint condition would be worth it's wait in gold...

Agreed. I had a buyer for my Exige, he agreed to pay me £24k for it. That's £1500 more than I paid a year ago from a dealer! That was including some of the carbon bits I put on it but still. And that was only by advertising on here and SELOC. And that wasn't the only person interested either so wasn't some nutter with no idea on price.

Couldn't stomach the idea of it going in the end. And anyway the missus seems to have forgotten my agreement where I can spend more on a daily if I downgraded my toy car :D

I've had my Evora for a year now, like for like spec it's gone up 1500-2500 depending , however saying that, I noticed that someone had paid £6500 more than what I paid for mine for a near identical spec recently , so I'm kinda glad I took the gamble to buy when I did now - I got lucky I guess. Exige S1 & s2s seem to be the most sort after though , I thought these would drop when the v6 exige arrived but clearly has strengthend the price of them

To Put it in perspective of depreciation a 1996-1998 porky boxster going for as little as £3k-£5k and similar age s1 Elise's going for £7k-£10k

Hi guys!

Been lurking for a while so thought it was about time I said hello!

Currently looking for an exige S2 and thought the exact same as everyone above, definitely noticed the trend.

I'm a bit surprised to see such strong prices - I thought they would drop off in winter! Reckon they will get even stronger as spring arrives?

Anyway what do you think of this one currently advertised on PH?

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/exige-s2/lotus-exige-touring-1-owner-4-600-miles/1969512

Looks lovely and not seen such a low mileage car for a while but do you reckon it's a bit over priced for an n/a even with that mileage?

Archived