Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stockhome

Car Advice

Hi All

Looking to buy a car, I have driven company cars for the the last 20 years and last year I decided to come out of the company car scheme. There were a few reasons

1) For the last three years I almost exclusively work from home, I do not really have a need for a company car.

2) I was sick and tired of having to pick from the company list of drab uninteresting rubbish with no way of upgrading.

3) The final straw was that I had finally been promoted to a position where I could get something ok, and was looking at a new Merc A class AMG when the company decided to downgrade everyone two grades meaning the best I could get was a base model Mondeo 1.6 diesel.

So about six months ago I came out of the scheme and I have been saving the allowance, thinking of buying something in the next few months. My wife would like a MINI and I am not opposed to one, looking at possibly getting a R56 cooper s or spending the extra and getting an early JCW anyone have experience of them or could give any advice. Oh yes size should not be a problem as we have a fairly new VW Touran which we are keeping, and the children are 3 and 5.

TIA

My GF has a 2008 Mini Cooper. I really like driving it although a bit underpowered!! The S or JCW would be more fun (& costly). When we need to get 2 people in back - it's a squeeze and I have to shunt my seat forward so I'm driving like a Granny!! If it's only kids in the back - no problem!

Before buying my Elise recently I had a drive of a Mini GP. (old shape 2006 model). So glad I got the Elise!!

Sheldon i had a cooper s and a cooper s works before getting in to lotus.

Both cars from a main dealer. The S was ok they are fun, but terrible on fuel. The works sounded great amd had good kit but drank fuel like mad. They are quite heavy. If u want a fun run around and not overly bothered about mpg a good shout!

Tyres were expensive 18" run flats on the works and i only got 4-5k out of a set they were about £200 a corner!

Give me a shout if u want any more info !

C

Oh and my exige s2 is still for sale ;-)

My weapon of choice will be a 335d touring. Test drove one the other day. Fantastic

Agreed - My last car was a 330D M Sport Touring. It was a brilliant all round car (until it got stolen last June!!)

Thought I'd go for something a bit more practical this time - like an Elise!!