litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Hello From New Elise Owner!

marky_p72

Welcome to MLOC! Lovely car. I'm a huge fan of the 111r, and I hope you get the best out of it. It's good to have another MLOCcer in Cambridgeshire. I'm not sure there are so many others in the area, but you are a lot closer than me to the MLOC heartland, lucky man.

I'm not sure if you've thought about where to service your car, and there may be places closer and to the North of you, but I recommend GST Performance in Newmarket very strongly. Streets ahead of Hilton & Moss at Bishops Stortford.

Enjoy!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers!

Yep, loving the cam change point, but I also still find it verity drivable keeping it under, then just having an occasional blast into the 2nd cam. I've read people talking about the lack of sound that with a standard exhaust, but I really like it. Maybe this will change if/when I experience a sports exhaust!!!

Tim- yep, good to know about servicing options. The car has previously been serviced at Christopher Neil, so may even look into taking it back there when the time comes.

Seems like some of the events are still a bit of a drive away for me aswell, but looking forward to meeting some fellow owners! Can't believe I'm now able to say that!! haha.

Thanks again.

Cheers!<br />Yep, loving the cam change point, but I also still find it verity drivable keeping it under, then just having an occasional blast into the 2nd cam. I've read people talking about the lack of sound that with a standard exhaust, but I really like it. Maybe this will change if/when I experience a sports exhaust!!!<br /> .

<br />Sure CN for a service is miles for you? If your happening going that distance to get it serviced I'd recommend Gav at Unit 4 in Burton on Trent.<br />I enjoyed the standard exhaust however once you've heard a "sports" exhaust you'll change your mind. I've had a standard box, lotus stage two(stupidly loud) currently have an Elise Parts signature exhaust which has a lovely note to it. It's also repack-able so it can be refilled when it gets too loud.

Welcome.

My first Exige was in Storm Titanium and looked stunning in the right light. Hopefully we'll get some sun soon and you can get those pics posted :-)).

PS Grab yourself an MLOC Calendar whilst there's still some left - this year's is a cracker smile.gif.

Cheers. I am worried about seeing and hearing other cars that I might encounter this year! I'm guessing it's gonna be an expensive year!!!

Thanks all for the warm welcome. Can't wait to get out in it!!

PS. Calendar ordered!

Welcome to MLOC, nice looking car - the addiction to the cam change only gets worse, as does driving around everywhere in the lowest gear possible if you do go for that sports exhaust!

Well, I managed to get out for a blast today! Was a slow start after thinking the battery had gone flat, but then realising after searching for the jump leads that I'd forgotten to disarm the immobiliser!!! What a dummas! Great fun, but got stuck behind this! 5ytasu9y.jpg

Didn't take long to get by!

Archived