litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

What Would You Do With A Standard S1 K-Series

MilesH

What sort of money does this cost?

What was actually done?

The physical mods aren't too bad, it did require a proper session after on a rolling road to extract best from it. Best bet is to ring DVA and get a quote.

Mine cost about 2500 plus I also had a few other bits sorted on top. Came to about 4k in the end.

Interesting fact was my car prior to having engine done was a stock 1.8k series. With no cat and a average sports back box plus a k&n filter. On the Tdi rolling road it did 125 Tdi tomatoes (140bhp) . I spent nearly 4k to get an extra 20 Tdi toms (163bhp) In hindsight could of got there cheaper or more power for same spend. Happy to advise if anyone doing a k upgrade from std. Well my opinion of course! :-)

In std guise as above before engine work my Elise would peg a sport 160 until over 100 miles an hour. Did a drag race on a closed road from a rolling start with a neighbour who had one. I was delighted, he was less so!!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived