Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Partial Diy Winter 2013.

Martin R

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Martin,

It seems you could have the car ready for Millbrook Sprint on May 10th smile.png

I doubt it Bill. It needs running in and an Emerald and mapping. I have also booked a Le mans trackday in August the pot is well and truely empty.

Slight hold up. im waiting for a coolant pipe. No point filling all the system till it arrives. I have also hit a minor snag. The small alternator plug has a broken wire right where it enters the plug. I need to find a replacement plug with a few inches of cable attached. I have however filled it with running in oil. Exhaust is on etc etc. I have found a few things to fiddle with whilst im waiting :)

Is that a new block Martin ?

No Russ its the old one. Its been acid cleaned and painted. Drive shafts are now in im just off to get some coolant and gearbox oil. The hose has been despatched today from EP :)

Right an update. The coolant pipe arrived so i filled it full of anti freeze. I also filled the gearbox with oil. I had a bit of a game getting some oil pressure in the engine. I primed the oil filter and the pump as best i could. Still no luck. I then blocked the cam cover breathers and forced a few PSI of air in the dipstick hole. 10 seconds later i had oil pressure.

A qiuck hail Mary and a prayer to the Gods of the K series. In with the plugs and fuel pump fuse, a turn of the key and 5 seconds later it was running smile.png I will update the first post when i get time.

Right an update. The coolant pipe arrived so i filled it full of anti freeze. I also filled the gearbox with oil. I had a bit of a game getting some oil pressure in the engine. I primed the oil filter and the pump as best i could. Still no luck. I then blocked the cam cover breathers and forced a few PSI of air in the dipstick hole. 10 seconds later i had oil pressure.

A qiuck hail Mary and a prayer to the Gods of the K series. In with the plugs and fuel pump fuse, a turn of the key and 5 seconds later it was running smile.png I will update the first post when i get time.

Great news Martin

Are you driving it yet mate?

Not yet Dean, i keep finding small jobs that need doing. Also work is getting in the way and Liz also expects the odd holiday. The current plan is back on the road for running in the 1st of May.

• 2 weeks later...

You can probably guess how pleased i am to post this pic. Its just about all back together and rumbling again :)

P1010004_zps5b75b380.jpg

I have been for a short run out. There are a couple of body work rattles that need sorting but all appears well otherwise. The engine now sounds err i think feral is the only way to describe it. I may well need a toned down exhaust when funds allow. Im going to try and run it in as quick as possible. Its been a long road but hopefully will be worth it. Needless to say it pissed down on the short test run.

Archived