litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

The Bug Joins The 100,000 Club

JonS

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers both. The smiles have only got bigger since Dave Andrew worked his magic. The car is phenominal now from its previous incarnation, and pulls like a train! Shame it's now the long dark nights as I had some great roofless commutes this Summer, both to and from work! smile.png

Nice one Jon. Looking at that picture 43 miles to a gallon of fuel ain't bad either!

IIRC DVA didn't rebuild the bottom end, is that right? You don't hear of many bottom end failures on the Ks though do you?

Nice one Jon. Looking at that picture 43 miles to a gallon of fuel ain't bad either!

IIRC DVA didn't rebuild the bottom end, is that right? You don't hear of many bottom end failures on the Ks though do you?

DVA did a full rebuild in the end. Took the whole car to him and left it with him for a week. He doesn't usually take whole cars but allowed me to do it. I had to wait for warmer weather too! ;)

43mpg isn't bad - I've had better! tongue.png I usually get about 37ish mpg on long drives. This one was a bit slower due to the fact I had no rear breaks!

Dependants where is your rev limiters.

If you don't exceed 6K rpm, it last for a while. If you go towards/above 7K rpm, you are pushing the std piston a little far hence why piston 160 are recommended when running over 6.8rpm.

Tim had a failure with his engine after pushing at rev limit (6950rpm) what I believe was a STD S2 bottom end with a DVA head and 633 cams.

You're quite right Martin. I meant the bottom end usually fails when you play at high Rpm for a while (ie trackday/ sprinting).

If it is only a road car, few people go above 5000 rpm for a long time.

Mine is quite old and seems to hold together but my rev limiter is set at 6200rpm

Archived