Midlands Lotus Owners Club (MLOC)

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

darryl

V6 Manifold Updated Info

4 posts in this topic

Hi, any update on the Lambo style tail pipe? Also any views on which exhaust setup would be most appropriate for UK track usage based on say 100db limit. Thanks

Always best to give Jim a call, not sure how often he checks on here. (Try and mention you saw it on here if you can so that he keeps advertising with us!)

http://www.2bular.co.uk/contact-us

He can make any of his products to your specification.

Hi, any update on the Lambo style tail pipe? Also any views on which exhaust setup would be most appropriate for UK track usage based on say 100db limit. Thanks

The Lambo-replica tip is just too big and gave the most horrendous dronnnnne. With 4 pipes feeding it on the Lambo, it works well but with only 1 or 2, it just drones.

I'm not keen on the small(ish) 6x4 oval from the 2zz Exige.

I have a larger/wider design than that one but it needs an insert to control the noise and I'm still looking for a supplier to do this. I need to order 100, so it's not a priority given the low demand in the V6 market.

For track use, you need to ditch the valve (sorry!) and I would go with a 7"dia system. I'm looking at a Silenced De-Cat Pipe (SDCP) too - when you fit the 2bular 3-1 manifolds, that V6 really screams. Perfect for the enthusiast but trackday limits are getting tight now.