Midlands Lotus Owners Club (MLOC)

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mark H

Lotus Cars Opens Flagship Showroom In Singapore

1 post in this topic

Marking a new phase of development to the Lotus operation in Singapore, Lotus is pleased to welcome new partner Richburg Motors Singapore.

We are very pleased to announce the official opening of the new Lotus Flagship Showroom in Singapore, strategically located right in the heart of the city. In conjunction with the opening, Lotus also unveiled the Exige S, Elise and Evora to the Singaporean public.

The 4,400 sq ft Showroom was officiated by the Chairman of Group Lotus , YBhg Tan Sri Dato’ Sri Haji Mohd Khamil Jamil, who was accompanied by the Chairman of Richburg Motors Singapore, Mr Eric Wong. Also present at the event were His Excellency Mr Antony Phillipson, the British High Commissioner to Singapore and YBhg Dato' Lukman Ibrahim, the Deputy Chief Executive Officer of Proton.

Lotus Singapore will operate in partnership with Richburg Motors, who also represent Lotus in Hong Kong, allowing opportunity for a synergy between the two markets.

According to Tan Sri Haji Mohd Khamil, the launch of the Flagship Showroom in Singapore affirms the DRB-HICOM Group's commitment to revive and strengthen the Lotus brand, not just globally, but in particular in the ASEAN region. "I am confident that our partnership with Richburg Motors - who is already a well-established player in the Hong Kong market, will ensure the growth of Lotus here in Singapore," he said.

Singapore is a highly challenging and fascinating market place with all kinds of luxury and sports cars, hence we must be competitive. The Lotus range, now completed by the Exige S and its Roadster variant, is perfect for sportscar enthusiasts and it is our hope that the people of Singapore will agree. What’s more, our links into Hong Kong and Singapore now mean we can work together to further strengthen the Lotus brand and expand our operation in the region.”

Singapore is a key market for Lotus as it is widely recognised as the hub of the ASEAN region. Since 1998, the iconic Lotus brand had been carefully managed by long-term partners EuroSports who had provided customers in Singapore with the answers to all their Lotus desires. It is with fond memories and with sincere thanks that Lotus also announces the end of this partnership.

Eric Wong of Richburg Motors is equally delighted to work with Lotus to help grow the brand in the region. “As a Lotus dealer in Hong Kong for eight years, it is my great pleasure to be appointed as the dealer for Lotus in Singapore. Lotus is more than roads and tracks, it is an icon and driving one reflects the person you are. Lotus is an athletic, sporting brand, it has heritage in competition, style, innovative and advanced engineering - it is something very special to be part of," he explained.

“We are excited about Lotus’ growth in Singapore, we have a strong commitment to the brand and to the market. We pride ourselves on service and quality and we take every opportunity to demonstrate the unique excitement of the world of Lotus . We have set up a new service and pre-delivery centre to compliment our showroom, and look forward to welcoming customers of new and old Lotus cars whilst showcasing our exclusive service for this exclusive brand.”

The Flagship Showroom will be displaying the best from Lotus : The award-winning Exige S embodies the Lotus philosophy of performance through lightweight and focussing on the ultimate dynamic drive experience, whilst the stunning Evora with IPS transmission delivers exotic looks and Lotus’ trademark handling in a refined package that makes it the perfect day-to-day sports car. But for some ‘fun on the side’ the Elise is the ideal second car, available with either a 1.6 or supercharged 1.8 litre engine, the Elise is a weekend joy ride or a track-day warrior; it is small, light and quick, delivering an agile and fun drive experience.

Lotus and Richburg Motors also plan to build on the success of the operation in Hong Kong, using motorsport activities and driving events to promote the unique driving experience that the Lotus range offers and showing new customers why so many people around the world are proud to say ” I am Lotus!”

As a start, Lotus and Richburg Motors also announced the launch of the Lotus Cup ASIAN Race series by Tan Sri Haji Mohd Khamil.

Already present in the UK, Europe as well as the USA and Japan, the Lotus Cup is a factory supported, single marque competition for Lotus owners who dream of exploiting the full potential of their rides at the world's best racing grounds. The Lotus Cup ASIAN Race Series will begin at the Macau Grand Prix in November.

This post has been promoted to an article

• Similar Content

• By Mark H
      Lotus F1 Team fought a tough Singapore Grand Prix with Pastor Maldonado finishing twelfth and Romain Grosjean classified thirteenth.

Lotus F1 Team fought a tough Singapore Grand Prix with Pastor Maldonado finishing twelfth and Romain Grosjean classified thirteenth. Romain was able to feature strongly in the top ten for much of the race, but diminishing tyre performance late on meant a better finish was not possible. Pastor sustained damage to his car after contact from Jenson Button’s car which blunted his late-race performance.
      Romain started from P10 on the grid on his qualifying super soft tyres. He changed to scrubbed softs on lap 9 and new softs on lap 26. Pastor started from P18 on new super soft tyres, changing to new super softs on lap 10, new softs on lap 27 and new super softs on lap 54.

Romain Grosjean, P13, E23-04
      “We had an aggressive strategy planned for today, which looked good since we were as high as P8 at one point but the first virtual safety car cost us dearly. I lost a lot of places on the first lap, there was quite a lot of sliding going on and, as we knew this wouldn’t be a great track for us – like Hungary and Monaco – we knew it would be difficult. There was nothing left in the tyres towards the end of the race and as soon as we were out of the points, we chose to retire the car as we had some concerns with the gearbox and didn’t want to risk a penalty in Japan.”

Pastor Maldonado, P12, E23-03
      “It was a really difficult race. The contact from the McLaren was small but enough to break my diffuser. I was defending on the inside and I don’t know where Jenson wanted to overtake me. It’s a very narrow corner where it happened and there was no chance for him to overtake. The damage meant we lost performance at the rear at the time in the race when we wanted to preserve tyre life. Sadly it wasn’t possible to maintain the pace and the tyres so we had to make an additional, unplanned stop.”

Federico Gastaldi, Deputy Team Principal
      "We scored no points today but we certainly fought hard. It’s a long, hot and humid race so thanks to Pastor and Romain for pushing to the maximum for every lap. Everyone in the team has been working hard all week so it’s frustrating for all of us when we fall short of the points. We’re certainly focused on a better result in Japan.”

Nick Chester, Technical Director
      "That was a long tough race for us. Romain lost positions at the start so we brought forward his stops to undercut and gain track position. Unfortunately this meant we missed out on a quick pit stop under the virtual safety car at the first stop. We suffered worse tyre degradation than expected on Romain's final stint which cost us in the last few laps. Pastor made up positions from his start but was compromised later on after the damage sustained from Jenson. We are now looking forward to Suzuka."
    • By Mark H
      Lotus F1 Team fought a tough Singapore Grand Prix with Pastor Maldonado finishing twelfth and Romain Grosjean classified thirteenth.

Lotus F1 Team fought a tough Singapore Grand Prix with Pastor Maldonado finishing twelfth and Romain Grosjean classified thirteenth. Romain was able to feature strongly in the top ten for much of the race, but diminishing tyre performance late on meant a better finish was not possible. Pastor sustained damage to his car after contact from Jenson Button’s car which blunted his late-race performance.
      Romain started from P10 on the grid on his qualifying super soft tyres. He changed to scrubbed softs on lap 9 and new softs on lap 26. Pastor started from P18 on new super soft tyres, changing to new super softs on lap 10, new softs on lap 27 and new super softs on lap 54. Romain Grosjean, P13, E23-04
      “We had an aggressive strategy planned for today, which looked good since we were as high as P8 at one point but the first virtual safety car cost us dearly. I lost a lot of places on the first lap, there was quite a lot of sliding going on and, as we knew this wouldn’t be a great track for us – like Hungary and Monaco – we knew it would be difficult. There was nothing left in the tyres towards the end of the race and as soon as we were out of the points, we chose to retire the car as we had some concerns with the gearbox and didn’t want to risk a penalty in Japan.”

Pastor Maldonado, P12, E23-03
      “It was a really difficult race. The contact from the McLaren was small but enough to break my diffuser. I was defending on the inside and I don’t know where Jenson wanted to overtake me. It’s a very narrow corner where it happened and there was no chance for him to overtake. The damage meant we lost performance at the rear at the time in the race when we wanted to preserve tyre life. Sadly it wasn’t possible to maintain the pace and the tyres so we had to make an additional, unplanned stop.”

"We scored no points today but we certainly fought hard. It’s a long, hot and humid race so thanks to Pastor and Romain for pushing to the maximum for every lap. Everyone in the team has been working hard all week so it’s frustrating for all of us when we fall short of the points. We’re certainly focused on a better result in Japan.”

Nick Chester, Technical Director
      "That was a long tough race for us. Romain lost positions at the start so we brought forward his stops to undercut and gain track position. Unfortunately this meant we missed out on a quick pit stop under the virtual safety car at the first stop. We suffered worse tyre degradation than expected on Romain's final stint which cost us in the last few laps. Pastor made up positions from his start but was compromised later on after the damage sustained from Jenson. We are now looking forward to Suzuka."

• By Mark H
      Pastor Maldonado finished twelfth with Romain Grosjean directly behind him in thirteenth after a full and eventful Singapore Grand Prix on the Marina Bay Street Circuit.

The race – which featured a safety car period – ended due to the time limit being reached rather than completing the allotted number of laps.
      Romain started from P16 on new super soft compound tyres, changing to scrubbed super softs on laps 10 and 22, then new softs on lap 30.

Pastor started from P18 on new super soft compound tyres, pitting on lap 11 for a set of new super soft tyres, then on laps 23 and 30 for sets of scrubbed super soft tyres. He made a final stop for a set of new soft tyres on lap 31.

Romain Grosjean, P13, E22-03
      “It was hot out there; things were looking pretty alright until the safety car, we were fighting for points. Unfortunately, I tried to attack too hard on the restart. I wanted to give it everything and with cold soft tyres after a slow safety car period, it was just too much once at the corner. From then on, I couldn’t pass back up through the field to get points.”

Pastor Maldonado, P12, E22-02
      “We got the maximum out of our performance today and we had a strong consistent race. I’m pretty happy about this after the issues we had earlier in the weekend. I pitted once more than the others during the safety car period but it didn’t affect my position. It was a tough race, especially the last ten laps where the tyres needed a lot of managing, but I think we were able to do a great race today.”

"We were very close to scoring points with Pastor and Romain today. Unfortunately we couldn’t convert the potential into reality in the end but the team did a great job to get both cars to finish the race after the difficulties that we had through the course of the weekend. So I’m happy. Not rock and roll, but happy.”
      Alan Permane, Trackside Operations Director
      "Unfortunately we didn’t have the pace to challenge for points today but we were very close, closer than we have been for a long time. The safety car period obviously influenced our race strategy so it’s hard to say what the maximum could have been were it not for that. We’re pleased with the improvement of the E22 which we hope to be able to harness in the next races.”
      Simon Rebreyend, Renault Sport F1 track support leader
      “After the disappointment of yesterday, the Power Unit performed well today, with no issues at all, which is the minimum requirement for every weekend. The drivers were therefore able to show a much more representative pace in the race and could race the Saubers, Force Indias and Toro Rossos. This is much more where we should be and gives confidence for the next race in Suzuka.”
    • By Mark H
      Pastor Maldonado finished twelfth with Romain Grosjean directly behind him in thirteenth after a full and eventful Singapore Grand Prix on the Marina Bay Street Circuit. The race – which featured a safety car period – ended due to the time limit being reached rather than completing the allotted number of laps.
      Romain started from P16 on new super soft compound tyres, changing to scrubbed super softs on laps 10 and 22, then new softs on lap 30. Pastor started from P18 on new super soft compound tyres, pitting on lap 11 for a set of new super soft tyres, then on laps 23 and 30 for sets of scrubbed super soft tyres. He made a final stop for a set of new soft tyres on lap 31. Romain Grosjean, P13, E22-03
      “It was hot out there; things were looking pretty alright until the safety car, we were fighting for points. Unfortunately, I tried to attack too hard on the restart. I wanted to give it everything and with cold soft tyres after a slow safety car period, it was just too much once at the corner. From then on, I couldn’t pass back up through the field to get points.”

Pastor Maldonado, P12, E22-02
      “We got the maximum out of our performance today and we had a strong consistent race. I’m pretty happy about this after the issues we had earlier in the weekend. I pitted once more than the others during the safety car period but it didn’t affect my position. It was a tough race, especially the last ten laps where the tyres needed a lot of managing, but I think we were able to do a great race today.”

"We were very close to scoring points with Pastor and Romain today. Unfortunately we couldn’t convert the potential into reality in the end but the team did a great job to get both cars to finish the race after the difficulties that we had through the course of the weekend. So I’m happy. Not rock and roll, but happy.”
      Alan Permane, Trackside Operations Director
      "Unfortunately we didn’t have the pace to challenge for points today but we were very close, closer than we have been for a long time. The safety car period obviously influenced our race strategy so it’s hard to say what the maximum could have been were it not for that. We’re pleased with the improvement of the E22 which we hope to be able to harness in the next races.”
      Simon Rebreyend, Renault Sport F1 track support leader
      “After the disappointment of yesterday, the Power Unit performed well today, with no issues at all, which is the minimum requirement for every weekend. The drivers were therefore able to show a much more representative pace in the race and could race the Saubers, Force Indias and Toro Rossos. This is much more where we should be and gives confidence for the next race in Suzuka.”

• By Mark H
      Marking a new phase of development to the Lotus operation in Singapore, Lotus is pleased to welcome new partner Richburg Motors Singapore.

We are very pleased to announce the official opening of the new Lotus Flagship Showroom in Singapore, strategically located right in the heart of the city. In conjunction with the opening, Lotus also unveiled the Exige S, Elise and Evora to the Singaporean public.
      The 4,400 sq ft Showroom was officiated by the Chairman of Group Lotus , YBhg Tan Sri Dato’ Sri Haji Mohd Khamil Jamil, who was accompanied by the Chairman of Richburg Motors Singapore, Mr Eric Wong. Also present at the event were His Excellency Mr Antony Phillipson, the British High Commissioner to Singapore and YBhg Dato' Lukman Ibrahim, the Deputy Chief Executive Officer of Proton.
      Lotus Singapore will operate in partnership with Richburg Motors, who also represent Lotus in Hong Kong, allowing opportunity for a synergy between the two markets.
      According to Tan Sri Haji Mohd Khamil, the launch of the Flagship Showroom in Singapore affirms the DRB-HICOM Group's commitment to revive and strengthen the Lotus brand, not just globally, but in particular in the ASEAN region. "I am confident that our partnership with Richburg Motors - who is already a well-established player in the Hong Kong market, will ensure the growth of Lotus here in Singapore," he said.
      “Singapore is a highly challenging and fascinating market place with all kinds of luxury and sports cars, hence we must be competitive. The Lotus range, now completed by the Exige S and its Roadster variant, is perfect for sportscar enthusiasts and it is our hope that the people of Singapore will agree. What’s more, our links into Hong Kong and Singapore now mean we can work together to further strengthen the Lotus brand and expand our operation in the region.”
      Singapore is a key market for Lotus as it is widely recognised as the hub of the ASEAN region. Since 1998, the iconic Lotus brand had been carefully managed by long-term partners EuroSports who had provided customers in Singapore with the answers to all their Lotus desires. It is with fond memories and with sincere thanks that Lotus also announces the end of this partnership.
      Eric Wong of Richburg Motors is equally delighted to work with Lotus to help grow the brand in the region. “As a Lotus dealer in Hong Kong for eight years, it is my great pleasure to be appointed as the dealer for Lotus in Singapore. Lotus is more than roads and tracks, it is an icon and driving one reflects the person you are. Lotus is an athletic, sporting brand, it has heritage in competition, style, innovative and advanced engineering - it is something very special to be part of," he explained.
      “We are excited about Lotus’ growth in Singapore, we have a strong commitment to the brand and to the market. We pride ourselves on service and quality and we take every opportunity to demonstrate the unique excitement of the world of Lotus . We have set up a new service and pre-delivery centre to compliment our showroom, and look forward to welcoming customers of new and old Lotus cars whilst showcasing our exclusive service for this exclusive brand.”
      The Flagship Showroom will be displaying the best from Lotus : The award-winning Exige S embodies the Lotus philosophy of performance through lightweight and focussing on the ultimate dynamic drive experience, whilst the stunning Evora with IPS transmission delivers exotic looks and Lotus’ trademark handling in a refined package that makes it the perfect day-to-day sports car. But for some ‘fun on the side’ the Elise is the ideal second car, available with either a 1.6 or supercharged 1.8 litre engine, the Elise is a weekend joy ride or a track-day warrior; it is small, light and quick, delivering an agile and fun drive experience.
      Lotus and Richburg Motors also plan to build on the success of the operation in Hong Kong, using motorsport activities and driving events to promote the unique driving experience that the Lotus range offers and showing new customers why so many people around the world are proud to say ” I am Lotus!”
      As a start, Lotus and Richburg Motors also announced the launch of the Lotus Cup ASIAN Race series by Tan Sri Haji Mohd Khamil.
      Already present in the UK, Europe as well as the USA and Japan, the Lotus Cup is a factory supported, single marque competition for Lotus owners who dream of exploiting the full potential of their rides at the world's best racing grounds. The Lotus Cup ASIAN Race Series will begin at the Macau Grand Prix in November.