Midlands Lotus Owners Club (MLOC)

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fentuz

Shift Light

7 posts in this topic

hi there

I'm thinking about adding a shift light on my S1. Although I read RobC's thread about this on SELOC, I have further queries.

A red LED strip could be fitted in between the stack and the stack cap and then be wired to the emerald unit. The idea is to light the dashboard when the shifting rpm is reached.

I don't want to use the seat belt led because I don't want this led to be a source of confusion should anything else in that area lit (usually a TUS).

Unfortunately, it is advised to fit a fuse there (see attached pic), but which one (I guess 5A is plenty enough)

shiftlight.png

The other thing is the event panel detail: how does "sequential start" work? what is it?

Is there a way to get the shift light bleeping some few hundred rpm before shifting rpm and become constantly lit form the shifting rpm onward?

Thanks

Bill

Bill, i can only help with the fuse. A shift light will take very little. Try a 1A.