litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

An Alternative To Axle Stands....

Dr H

Following my call out to the wonderful forum that is MLOC re spare wheels or axle stands while I get my wheels refurbed, Jody very kindly lent me his 'foam blocks'. They are made from foam used for modelling and insulation. Super-light and great compressive strength.

Got the car up on them last night and they are great! So stable and nice and kind to the underside of the car.

A great alternative to axle stand or the boxes of paper method used by a lot of others on Elises / Exiges. I think I might need to source some for myself.

Thanks again to Jody!

9421820335_f71cd3744d_c.jpg

9421818197_bf60bf2d00_c.jpg

9421816401_868894d5e6_c.jpg

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you know what our models at work are propped up with the pink foam and I never thought of that! Need to be friendly to one of the modellers.

I didn't thing you were supposed to prop the car on the engine panel at the back without taking it off?

I didn't thing you were supposed to prop the car on the engine panel at the back without taking it off?

I thought about this. You can support the car slightly further forward on the chassis outer but the Honda is a bit heavier at the back to wanted to use the jacking point further back.

I watched very carefully for deformation of the under tray as I did this and it shows no sings at all. Maybe when I take them off I'll be proven wrong but seems OK so far!

If you place them where the large bolts go through the last undertray all should be well. I have jacked up here lots of times with the undertray off smile.png

That's where they are -so hopefully all OK.

Archived