litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Art Grand Prix Announces Facu Regalia As New Gp3 Driver

Mark H

ART GRAND PRIX is pleased to announce the signing of young Argentine driver Facu Regalia in the 2013 GP3 Championship series line up.

The twenty one year old made his GP3 debut at the Silverstone circuit in 2012, competing in four races last season.

Prior to this he competed in the Italian Formula Three Championship in 2011. Last season he raced in the Auto GP as well as in the European F3 Open Championship where he secured three victories, three pole positions and one fastest lap.

Facu Regalia: “I’m really happy. The last three months were pretty busy to close this deal. It´s a pleasure to become an official ART Grand Prix driver, because I know that I´ll have a very good package for fighting for the results what we have in sight. It’s fantastic that ART Grand Prix relies on me. I really want to appreciate the effort coming from my sponsors, Varlion, ACA and of course my own family and other people such as Adrián Campos or Eduardo Ramírez, who make my present and future in racing look nice. We´ve an excellent working team and everything is set to aim for the best possible results. Mr. Rosales - The ACA president- and Mr. García Remohí, CDA President in Argentina, were the other two key people because they really want to have another Argentine driver in Formula 1 in the coming years. GP3 is a very important championship, always racing at the same tracks as Formula 1. Another great novelty is the new car with new aerodynamic kit, more power, new brakes, so this challenge is even greater. I´m looking forward to driving the new GP3/13 at Estoril next week, and I was told this car is quite similar to the first-generation GP2 car.”

Frédéric Vasseur: “ART GRAND PRIX has closely followed the evolution of Facu including his performances during GP2 testing. His GP3 debut during the 2012 season was by nature very complicated, but he was instantly knocking on the door of the top 10. This in itself is a sign of quality that never fails to impress. Moreover, Facu is an intelligent and talented young man who is also very mature for his age. He will fit in well with ART GRAND PRIX and in complete harmony with the team’s 2013 GP3 driver line up.”

This post has been promoted to an article

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived