litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Morons On The Road

HABC

Not been out for ages in the Lotus, so took her out for a quick 20 miles just to bed her back in.

Long straight with two cars in front, clear in the opposite direction, dropped it and booted past the first car, got up to the second and he indicated right and started pulling over, no junctions for over half a mile.

I had too much speed and just kept going around him, I then slowed behind other traffic and he followed me for about another 4 miles (I did stop at a roundabout for 30 seconds or so even though it was empty to wind him up).

WHY.....................................................................!!!!!!!!!

As it was wet and I could have been inexperienced it could have been an accident...............???

Jealousy..........???

I am jealous of people driving Aston's, but last thing to cross my mind would be to do anything as stupid, more likely to drool as it passed.

Rant over...................I feel better now.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its quiet rare in the lotus tbh, most folk are quiet respectful. but yes your right lots of folk have an aversion to being ovetaken

its as if your a menance to society of you pass cars doing 40 in a 60 zone in good visibility with no oncoming traffic,

i got flashed the other day by a car from approx 600 yds away heading out of notts towards ratcliffe powerstation, where theres a straight about 3/4 mile long as i passed a lorry doing 40 ish un a slight incline..

the danger is often as you said the guy (usually) who then accelerates or tailgates you for the next 3/4 miles

i dont rise to it anymore, but have to admit the mist has decended a couple of times when i was much younger, the last time involved me facing 4 BIG youths on the hard shoulder of the M6 ...i thought better of it after that and now just pull of the road and let idiots go by

it does seem the art of overtaking is now considered as being either a boy racer or just driving stupidly..im sure the highway code mentions overtaking, probably not dropping it down to get on 2nd cam, but maybe they should...

i hate it when they speed up or get on the car in fronts bumper so you struggle to get in...

sadly if you give them the ham shanker signal in the exige, its kind of pointless.....sleep.png

It does amaze me the amount of people at just don't like being overtaken.

Sheep - they just like to follow other people. :)

Really most drivers on the roads arent that, they are just steerers. They can boot it on a straight road without any other clutter, give them something to think about and thats it. Most peoples driving constitutes parades through urban areas where they just follow the car in front without any thoughts on their driving.

I read a piece a while back where they asked people about their journeys and the facts were that the majority couldnt tell them anything about. The findings seemed to point to the fact that they were just on autopilot and couldnt recall anything.

In modern cars driving often seems so bland, which is why we love the lotus I suppose. I can honestly say that I never get somewhere and wonder how it happened..

You just have to be so aware of whats going on around you, usually to avoid muppetry on the roads.

Really frustrates me when its safe to overtake and they start to flash etc.

was reversing out my drive the other day and a bloke came round the corner at mach 10. pipping and giving me the finger through the bit of windscreen i could see.

A wave and a smile in his direction made him even worse! mf_kamikaze.gif

Sheep - they just like to follow other people. :)

Really most drivers on the roads arent that, they are just steerers. They can boot it on a straight road without any other clutter, give them something to think about and thats it. Most peoples driving constitutes parades through urban areas where they just follow the car in front without any thoughts on their driving.

I read a piece a while back where they asked people about their journeys and the facts were that the majority couldnt tell them anything about. The findings seemed to point to the fact that they were just on autopilot and couldnt recall anything.

In modern cars driving often seems so bland, which is why we love the lotus I suppose. I can honestly say that I never get somewhere and wonder how it happened..

You just have to be so aware of whats going on around you, usually to avoid muppetry on the roads.

I never go the most direct route in the lotus

I go the most interesting

I've lost count of the amount of times someone has held their full beam on because i've overtaken them on a country (50-60mph) road when they're doing 30-40 and half of them try and boot it to stop me and must get even more frustrated because I make it so easily.

ha ha, i like that...or do what IGYW does, and just doth ones cap....showoff.gif

...the best think about having bad rear view visability is i can't see the tossers flashing their headlights!

This happens a lot and not just on single line roads, last year I was driving back from London on the M40 at about 230pm on the inside line doing 70 ish in no hurry, the only car in front of me was a Lexus traveling in the second lane, nothing in the inside lane for as far as you could see. So to pass him I had to cross from the inside to the outside lane.As I pulled next to him, he started giving me the w***er hand gesture and then he went mad name calling, hand gesture's, the works and wouldn't let me pass or drop back for 5 or 6 miles. So I responded with a pull over and we will have a chat gesture but name calling was all that he was capable of so I just sat there pointing at him and laughing, blowing the odd kiss .Bloke was in is late 50's who, knows what his problem was. I was driving my Caddy Maxi van not my Lotus.

Archived