litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Out In Derbyshire Tomorrow...

DeanB

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was going to try to do the same route Dean took us on last sunday, starting from Swanick services.

I am pretty sure I can remember most of it especially the start past the Via Gelia etc from there I was just going to follow my nose.

Quite fancy Snake pass sounds interesting.

Start time the same 7.30 Swanick services or we met earlier @ 7.15 at Trowell services but I assume you will be coming from the north so Swanick?.

I've never done a Norlog run, but that sounds like a fair idea, its a shame about the cameras as Fish said.

It looks like roofs fitted to the Elise's on Sunday then.

I may have to do half a run, the leader of the opposition has spoken and appears that's the best I may be able to negotiate...

The Cat & Fiddle is still an awesome road but having to check your speed all the time is snooze pie with yawn syrup.

On the way over to Macc; stop at the pub and then do what you want up to the first camera (and again, from there to the pub on the way back) but it's the only bit you can open the taps and there's often a bloody Rover or a Nissan plodding along anyway.

Now; the rest of "The Highwayman Triangle" is another story - especially "Long Hill" which is still my absolute favourite road and the B5470 completing the route is pretty good though very hilly.

Here's a Google Maps link for the route:

Clicky

It's definitely worth a go, even with the Cat & Fiddle as it is.

Snake Pass is good but you can never get a clear run at it and the good twisty bits are all too often ruined by the "35mph max speed & always brake hard into bends" freaks.

If you want to do the lot; drive up some awesome roads to the Ladybower reservoir; then drive Snake Pass to Glossop; then go up through Hayfield over into Chapel en-le Frith and from there I'd drive Long Hill - Cat & Fiddle - B5470 and then repeat at will or do the reverse run.

Archived