litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Slight Leak

Alex B

Noticed at the weekend my car was letting a little bit of water in during heavy water fall. I know the roof had had a new front tension wire so I thought I might now have been tightened enough as the roof dis not sit 100% right.

Well I managed to get roof sat right however it now seems to leak a bit more than it did.

After a bit of investigation it seems the windows do not meet with the rubber roof seals across the whole edge of the roof.

Any one had this problem ?

Or know of a solution?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mr Simba has a little fix for this. Maybe you could PM him?

On a different subject Alex, you ought to fit a PRT remote thermostat. They reduce the risk of thermal shock to the engine when the thermostat opens, and are oem on late model cars (not Lotus) using the 1.8k series. They help to prevent HGF. Will cost you about £120 from Eliseparts or Hangar 111 and Gav at Unit4 will fit it for you in a couple of hours. He did mine.

While you're there I would have him give your car a good look over while it is on the lift, just to see that all is well. Worth it for peace of mind. And he will adjust your windows for you. He isn't dear.

its an S2 with eletric windows.

Mr Simba has a little fix for this. Maybe you could PM him?

On a different subject Alex, you ought to fit a PRT remote thermostat. They reduce the risk of thermal shock to the engine when the thermostat opens, and are oem on late model cars (not Lotus) using the 1.8k series. They help to prevent HGF. Will cost you about £120 from Eliseparts or Hangar 111 and Gav at Unit4 will fit it for you in a couple of hours. He did mine.

While you're there I would have him give your car a good look over while it is on the lift, just to see that all is well. Worth it for peace of mind. And he will adjust your windows for you. He isn't dear.

will PM Mr Simba.

with reguards to the PRT im not sure how it will affect my 12month dealer warranty, will speak to them and ask.

will take it to unit 4 once i've been paid to have the once over.

will give this a try as soon as i get 5min, it does look like my windows arent high quite high enough.

i willl also try the window tilt adjustment.

my dad pointed out my windows looked low, when i first noticed the leak.

Mr Simba has a little fix for this.

smile.png

I found that no matter how I adjusted the window there was still a slight leak, so ordered some self adheasive aircraft door seal and put it along the edge of the rubber where the glass 'butts' up to the soft top.

It works a treat, I can hose the car down whilst washing it now and no water enters the cabin and is totally unnoticeable on the car, looks totally 'OE' smile.png

http://www.parts4air...p?ItmID=9382950

smile.png

I found that no matter how I adjusted the window there was still a slight leak, so ordered some self adheasive aircraft door seal and put it along the edge of the rubber where the glass 'butts' up to the soft top.

It works a treat, I can hose the car down whilst washing it now and no water enters the cabin and is totally unnoticeable on the car, looks totally 'OE' smile.png

http://www.parts4air...p?ItmID=9382950

any chance of a picture of your mod?

have gone to adjsut the tilt on my window via the twit screws (acessable without removing trim) and only 1 on each side will work the two rear ones are seized.

Archived