litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Lotus Lmp2 Second Day At The 6 Hours Of Bahrain

Mark H

#31 Thomas Holzer (GER) – Luca Moro (ITA)

#32 Kevin Weeda (USA) – James Rossiter (GBR) – Vitantonio Liuzzi (ITA) Free Practice 3 #32 Position 3 (LMP2) Lap time 1:53.561 (Rossiter) #31 Position 9 (LMP2) Lap time 1:55.251 (Holzer) Qualifying #32 Position 6 (LMP2) Lap time 1:52.696 (Rossiter) #31 Position 8 (LMP2) Lap time 1:53.733 (Holzer)

Lotus qualified sixth and eight for the 6 Hours of Bahrain. The balance of the Lotus LMP2 car is good and the team is well prepared to show a good performance in the result.

It was a close fight in LMP2 class with three cars within one tenth of a second. With a bit more luck, a better result was within reach for James Rossiter in car #32. Thomas Holzer in car #31 impressed and showed his best qualifying of the season so far.

The race starts tomorrow at 16:00 hours local time and finishes at night at 22:00 hours.

Thomas Holzer, Race driver #31:

“I am very happy about today’s qualifying result. We showed a good performance and I was just one second off my team mate in the sister car. This is a big improvement for us. It is going to be a long and tough race tomorrow, but I am looking forward to it.”

James Rossiter, Race driver #32:

“The third practice was good. We changed the setup of the car over night and it was better than yesterday. In qualifying, the track conditions have changed as the track temperature was lower than in the morning. It is a shame because we are just one tenth off of the third starting position. It is very close in LMP2 class and I hope that we can have a better race tomorrow.”

This post has been promoted to an article

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived