litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Mark H

#31 Thomas Holzer (GER) – Mirco Schultis (GER) – Luca Moro (ITA)

#32 Kevin Weeda (USA) – James Rossiter (GBR) – Vitantonio Liuzzi (ITA)

Free Practice 1

#32 Position 2 (LMP2) Lap time 1:28.951 (Liuzzi)

#31 Position 10 (LMP2) Lap time 1:31.187 (Holzer)

Free Practice 2

#32 Position 6 (LMP2) Lap time 1:28.234 (Rossiter)

#31 Position 10 (LMP2) Lap time 1:30.136 (Holzer)

Lotus was in action at the first day at the 6 Hours of Sao Paulo.

The first practice took place under mixed weather conditions. In the beginning, it started to drizzle but the track dried up until the end of session. Vitantonio Liuzzi in car # 32 set the second best lap time in LMP2 class and ninth overall.

In the afternoon practice, it was dry most of the time and the programme was fulfilled entirely. James Rossiter (#32) was in position 6 in the LMP2 category and Thomas Holzer (#31) in position 10 respectively.

Thomas Holzer, Race driver #31:

“It was good to be back in the car and to get some mileage in Interlagos today. The car felt good and we could improve our lap times continuously. Unfortunately, there is a lot of traffic out there, so it is very important to be in the right place at the right time to set an ideal lap time. Now, we will analyze the collected data and work on the setup for the race. There is still room for improvement, but I am confident that we can have a good performance in the race.”

Vitantonio Liuzzi, Race driver #32:

“It was a positive day for us here in Interlagos and I am happy that I could do more laps in the Lotus LMP2. It was a good morning session for us and we were able to set the second best lap time of the LMP2 cars. The second practice was also good and we could try different settings on the car. I hope that we can improve tomorrow and have a good qualifying result.”

This post has been promoted to an article

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived