litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Dj Wilmas T Series 111S S2 400Bhp Ish

DJWilma

Simon, very serious would love to see the engine name a date i will be there. Be good to meet up too

As for the turbo conversion, i recently helped with a 1.8 k series turbo into an elise 280bhp and close to 300lbft torque

It is not dry sumped but the complete conversion was around the £7000 mark fitted

Engine is currently in a S1 elise in Tottenham

Just for the record, this project will cost in total £12,000 which includes the price i paid for the 2005 S2 111S2

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So £16,500 like MSC?

Incidentally, I did check MSC's site like you suggested. This is what they charge for a 'normal' NA conversion (i.e. not 300bhp):

"

What do you get in the Normal Aspirated Lotus Honda Conversion?

• Low Mileage Honda Civic Type R K20A2 Engine & 6 speed Gearbox
  • Laser Cut & Powder Coated Engine & Gearbox Mounts, Steady Bars & Support Brackets.
  • New Driveshaft's assemblies
  • Baffled Sump
  • Stainless Steel Tubular exhaust Manifold With Tuned Lengths
  • 200 Cell CAT
  • 2 Gear Cables
  • Adjustable Quality Gear Linkage Assembly
  • Sub engine wiring loom Honda to Elise
  • Coolant Header Tank
  • Silicone Coolant Hoses Available In Either Black Or Red
  • Braided Fuel Hoses and fuel regulator
  • Engine & Gearbox Rubber Mounts
  • Honda ECU With Hondata K100 With remap
  • Alloy Anodized "6-Speed" Gear Knob
  • One year parts and labour warranty
  • Peace Of Mind

Lotus Honda Engine Conversion Supplied And Fitted

Price

S1/S2 Elise N/A £10,500

S1 Exige/340R N/A £11,000

S2 Exige/111R N/A £11,800

211 N/A £11,800

All prices include labour, parts and VAT."

So £10,500 for 225bhp (parts, labour & VAT & 1 year P&L warranty).

and you have forgotten the;-

lightweight flywheel

full exhaust

new pressed steel clutch

A3 cams

which bring it to £16,500 odd

and still no drysump, blueprinting, decent clutch, steel liners rods crank, and a lot less power

plus it's still an old engine out of the scrapper, if you can get one now - that weighs 60kg more

here is the full thread - Why don't I like Honda K20's

However this was all about the T series

any chance of weighing just the engine?

Simon, very serious would love to see the engine name a date i will be there. Be good to meet up too

As for the turbo conversion, i recently helped with a 1.8 k series turbo into an elise 280bhp and close to 300lbft torque

It is not dry sumped but the complete conversion was around the £7000 mark fitted

Engine is currently in a S1 elise in Tottenham

Just for the record, this project will cost in total £12,000 which includes the price i paid for the 2005 S2 111S2

You've got it, can't promise you a drive in it, but you can see and drive one of my NA cars

I'll mail you, but it'll have to be after the F1 season, we'll stay in touch, but you are welcome here anytime.

Simon, im in London on a fairly regular basis to see the Mother in Law. I would be interested in a look as well smile.png

Im always genuinely interested in anything K series. Whoever its by.

Martin

you would be very welcome, I have 3 engines going together now, two of them for S1 Exiges. Am currently remaking the airboxes - the result of some airflow analysis, come and visit once that's done so you see the whole thing. There are things I want to keep quiet, for now though, just because so much has got picked up and presented on other forum's as other peoples work. But you can see all the parts from cranks to pistons, valves, cams, water pumps, all the machining done to the block to cure the "HGF" issue, and complete drysumped engines with hopefully the newly crafted airboxes. I'll u2u.

Anyway, back on track i bought some extra bits today

GAZ Gold Pro, I know most go for Nitrons but GAZ did a lot of work with me on the Metro Suspension plus got a very good price

I have looked into 308mm brakes and i just cant see why the ali belled ap brakes are nearly 700, so i did a little digging and the vauxhall astra has some 308mm discs as std so found a pair of drilled and grooved that i can have drilled to 4 x 100 and get an insert for the brakes that will take them from 70mm centre bore to 56.6mm. Delivered for £150 a set. Offset is only 2mm different

Magnecore 8mm HT leads

Also called Vibratechnics and had a chat so got some uprated engine mounts, the engine mount being slightly stronger to take the extra weight

Thats close.... fear2.gif

If you see just how thin that backing is and its made of compressed fibres I'd be a little worried!

Also the boot lid above the Garrett looks like its again going to be close when closed, Owen do a Garrett 'jacket' and I'd definatly be considering one with the clearance you've got there!

http://www.owendevelopments.co.uk/products/product-detail.asp?prodId=198&catId=-1&subId=-1&imgId=b

Good luck! :)

Its just mocked up at the moment

Heat as you know is the killer here, have lots of options here. Plus the compressor side is the cooler one ;)

Best bit about fibre glass is you can cut, re-shape and generally re-jig

We looked at ceramic coating but as the radium blog shows if it flakes it creates heat spots but by the looks they used the spray on type.

Had a turbo cover on the metro which worked well but that had ample cooling and bonnets vents

Another theory is to create a heat tunnel and have under body air directed past the turbo upwards ;-)

Another theory is to create a heat tunnel and have under body air directed past the turbo upwards ;-)

Exactly what I'm doing a NACA duct in the tray below the turbo and a chimney above it, should be back today or tomorrow so will put pic's up :)

I had a quick look at your thread but cant see the turbo assume yours is below the manifold, we made the manifold for this one so the turbo sits on the top.

That way its closer to the bonnet vents and in theory shouldnt hold the air between the baulkhead and engine.

Also will fit a couple of fans for when i am stationary to circulate the air, and fit heat shield to the baulkhead (which may still be cut out like yours)

Will probably just fit a turbo blanket with a chimney for now and see how we go

Archived