Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Big Power For The Lego Brick!

MrSimba

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's one hell of a lump of torque.......be careful in the wet smile.png

Yep... got up this morning & heard the rain lashing down before I'd even looked out of the window and though just the day to be finding the biting point on that new paddle clutch with 400ft lb waiting to go behind you!!!

Better pack my ballet shoes! :D

The car is actually very different to drive to how I imagined, Far more smoother in the delivery, no on/off hesitations or stutters that the OE ECU likes to throw at you! very linear, actually a much safer more predictable car then my stage 4 was, the stage 4 had LOTS of torque2500-3500rpm (which could be fun in the wet...) then it started to fall away, the Garrett starts to make torque at 3000rpm and it not until 3800rpm that it matches the stage 4 (which is by now losing torque) then from 4000rpm to 6300rpm it holds up to 384ft lb and no less than 300ft lb so massive torque where you need it smile.png

The bhp again is under the stage 4 until 3800rpm then BOOM! its just 'Defcon1' all the way to the 7300rpm limiter biggrin.png

In short its more linear, more refined, much much more powerful car, but with the a far safer delivery, I had had possible plans for multiple maps, Defcon1, wet, low torque ect but after feeling just how refined the map Chris has developed multimaps are not required, this map really is just fine smile.png

Have to say though any gear, once your at 3000rpm if you do ask it to boost the car just squats and goes...! its warp speed, both I and Dave Hardwick have driven it this afternoon and both of us can't really see why you'd ever need any more power in a road car, basically its just on the limits in the dry of having more power than traction, any more and you'd be scared to go WOT, Chris actually when I got there this morning had road tested it after he finished mapping late last night and he'd backed the power off as he was worried it would start eating gearboxs! hence the 363/384!

Think the power to weight ration is now 437bhp / ton which is 100bhp/ton MORE than a V10 Gallardo! so as said ain't exactly slow!!! wink.png

Anyway the graphs.....

858fc5d3bb_md.jpg

The 'dip' at 5300rpm is seen on all tuners maps, chris scratched his head and could not map it out so looked at CS, Klassen, ect and they all have it so think is a characteristic of the cam profile?

a6b8f42112_md.jpg

This graph is my stage 4 on Chris's rollers overlaid with the Garrett map for comparison smile.png

eec82ccd9f_md.jpg

DG - Dave Hardwick - Chris @ EFi, A big thankyou!!! biggrin.png

The description of the car now sounds amazing. Did you have to do anything extra on the braking front?

Thanks Bis :)

The car has AP 4 pots up front, std bremb rears, braided lines & ATE 'superblue' fluid & CL5+ pads all round - it stops as well as it goes!!!

Archived