litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Big Power For The Lego Brick!

MrSimba

Got a TPS plug in the end had to buy a whole engine loom to take it off tho... Grrrrrrr!

Cars on the trailer ready to go to Chris @ EFi at 8.30 tomorrow morning for Adaptronics ECU & mapping so the next time I see it (hopefully within the week...) it should be all finally done :)

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Many thanks to Dave Hardwick who's taken the car up to Chris @ EFi today bowdown.gif

So its all there and even more excited now after a long chat with Chris about mapping and the ECU :)

Hopefully will be finished by the end of this week and the next time I see 7996 I'll be driving it home :D

fbc0a0f297_md.jpg

Hope it goes well mate. Looking forward to reading about it. If you do get it back by the weekend, I don't suppose you could be tempted to bring it up to Blyton next Sunday?

I realise it is a bit of a trek for you.....

There are a few of us going, some tracking, some not (including me).

Just spoken with Chris :)

The only problem Chris is having at the moment is holing the power back!!!!

The response is virtually the same as a standard K04 turbo but... At 3500rpm its producing 250bhp... It then goes linear and at 4000rpm is producing 28ps which is 440bhp all the way till the limiter...

Chris is amazed at the response and power the Garrett's producing and more mappings required to try and smooth the delivery out! biggrin.png

So very very pleased with where we are at right now, no boost leaks, no coolant or oil leaks, perfect running temps & AFR's, just got to try and control a turbo that just wants to BOOST! smile.png

To be continued...

well there the 'raw' figure's so like I said Chris is working on smoothing out the delivery & I asked him for 400bhp - so lets see where we actually end up! :)

All looking very good though!!! :D

Next time we go to an event somewhere, just don't let me say "I'll follow you".

I'll have no chance of keeping up...

Thats my job ;)

Power curve or it didnt happen......and so exited now 28ps at 4000rpm nuke.gif . Whens it hitting 12ps ?

Dont know what your ecu can do but a 3 port solenoid should be able to modulate the boost to ahem, hold it back.

Not had any graphs yet Chris will only do that when it's finished, the Tial spring rate charts don't appear to match the springs tho! Hence the 0.9bar springs wanting to hold 2bar of boost....

So 2 hours of wrestling with a very hot waste gate & Chris has installed now a 0.6bar pair of springs and it's being dyno'd prob as I type this!

All the mapping bar the full throttle mapping is done so all being good with the 0.6 should be finished this afternoon! :)

Just in.... 370hp and 395lb/ft smile.png

Very pleased with that! Will post graphs when I have them biggrin.png

we all got very excited on the first run that showed 28psi @ 4000rpm but turned out the wastegate had stuck forcing the turbo to 'full on' !!!

and as my build was always about useable power and low lag & powerful midrange the mappings been done for that smile.png

So really really happy with that especially as it holds 300-370bhp for nearly HALF the rev range, and again nearly 400ft lb is going to make you sit up & behave!!!

Graphs posted when I get them tomorrow smile.png

Archived