litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Mark H

#31 Thomas Holzer (GER) – Mirco Schultis (GER) – Christijan Albers (NLD)

#32 Kevin Weeda (USA) – James Rossiter (GBR) – Vitantonio Liuzzi (ITA)

Free Practice 1

#32 Position 11 (LMP2) Lap time 1:54.342 (Rossiter)

#31 Position 14 (LMP2) Lap time 1:57.467 (Holzer)

Free Practice 2

#31 Position 13 (LMP2) Lap time 1:54.161 (Holzer)

#32 Position 15 (LMP2) Lap time 2:04.243 (Weeda)

Lotus was back on track today for the first and second practice session of the 6 Hours of Silverstone.

Luca Moro will miss the Silverstone weekend due to personal reasons. Dutchman and former Formula 1 driver Christijan Albers will replace him in car 31.

At the first day of the fourth round of the FIA World Endurance Championship, the target was to collect as many information about the tyre wear as possible in preparation for Sunday’s race. The team is now analyzing the data and working on the setup for the next sessions.

Christijan Albers, Race driver #31:

“I was very happy when the team asked me if I want to join them for Silverstone. I didn’t have to think about it, for me it was clear to take this opportunity. It was great to be back in a race car and in the Lotus LMP2. I haven’t done any races the last two years but I felt comfortable in the car immediately. I hope that we will have a good weekend and I will support the team as much as I can.”

James Rossiter, Race driver #32:

“It was great to drive the Lotus LMP2 in front of my home crowd. It is going to be an exciting weekend because there is always a chance of rain. You never know what is going to happen. The first practice was okay for us. But it is a shame that we had to stop the car in the second practice session due to an engine failure. So we lost valuable track time that would have helped us to improve the car. But we are working hard to have a good result here in Silverstone.”

Vitantonio Liuzzi, Race driver #32:

“I enjoyed driving the Lotus LMP2 around the track today. Lap by lap, I got more used to the car. We had a good pace and we were improving. Due to the engine failure I couldn’t run in the afternoon session. But I hope that I can get more track time tomorrow and I am looking forward to the next days.”

This post has been promoted to an article

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived