litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Chatsworth Do Breakfast

The cafe at Hassop station reckoned that we were £48 down on what we pre-ordered. One gentleman has already owned up to ordering two but only having one, so now we are at £44 down. Or rather I am! (note to self - get the money in advance next time!)

I am absolutely positive this is all as a result of honest oversights or mistakes, rather than anyone trying to pull a fast one - MLOCers aren't like that - and I recognise that it could be a mistake on my part or the cafes part, but could everyone just have a think?

Maybe someone pre-ordered and didn't come?

Just pm me if you think you may owe something.

Cheers guys. Sorry to be a pain.

Dean

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dean, I think you did such a good job on Sunday that everyone who feels the same way could or should pledge a tenner to you u could clear the outstanding and take yourself & the other half on a well deserved slap up meal !!! Pm me your PayPal mate and cheers for Sunday both me & the mrs loved it!!!!

That’s a great shame; there is no way you personally should be out of pocket.

Us MLOCers that attended the breakfast at Hassop Station café will have to club up and make things right if the issue is not resolved.

Guys that is really nice, but I reckon we will sort it. Four people have already stepped up - things were a little rushed for me collecting monies at Hassop, it is my fault really.

I have to say I am really, really impressed by everyones attitude in this club. First class, honestly. A great bunch of folk. All the people in my group were top notch - and a really good mix, too.

Average MPH for your generosity throughout the day alone you deserved to win the raffle.

I have also carried with me these last two days the idea of how much fun it would be for turbo911, Chalkey, me and maybe a few others to have another run out in Derbyshire soon! A "dawn raid" again maybe?

Dean,

There is no way you should be out of pocket after all the hard work & effort you put into the event.

I know it can't have been easy to start this post but it is a situation that must be resolved.

I don't know if it would be possible for Mark to set up an account where people could contribute to your shortfall ?

If so any extra which would undoubtedly be raised could go towards the running costs of the site.

Top job for the day BTW it was epic.

Thanks Russ. I am not worried - it will all sort itself out I am sure.

Glad you had a good day. Is your car ok now by the way? Didn't really have chance to ask on Sunday! I am off now to ask Mr Fish if we are meeting at The Hut next week. Maybe see you there if he is.

Dean I'm up for that and I know chalky would be too but try & get out of second gear this time!!!!!!!!! Ouch!!!!

That's what I like to see!

I'll show you Exige boys a thing or two!

Dean, I know one of the worse things about doing things like this is feeling you take the hit if things don't quite work out. I didn't have that extra bacon butty in the end as I knew I only had enough cash on me for what was planned, but I agree with the others that it would take only a little from us who would happily show our appreciation for your efforts and planning.

(Either that or you never have to buy your own cuppa for many meets to come..!)

I have also carried with me these last two days the idea of how much fun it would be for turbo911, Chalkey, me and maybe a few others to have another run out in Derbyshire soon! A "dawn raid" again maybe?

I'd deffo be up for this.

I agree with all above, I am sure the shortfall is people that forgot and yes I would chip in if there is a shortfall.

Great day, thanks again.

Dave

Ooh Dean I like your idea, yes please!

I'm also happy to contribute so that you are not out of pocket

Archived