litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Will all attendees please read the following. It contains important information about the day, and will hopefully ensure everything runs smoothly.

Please be at Swanwick Services at 7.30am sharp or a little earlier if you can. Sorry it’s early, but the empty(ish) roads will be worth it I promise you!

The Services are off the A38, near to Alfreton, postcode DE55 1HJ. Beware some sat-navs may lead you astray, so on leaving the A38 follow the signs for the services.

In the large car park, Group Leaders will be parked abreast at the far end. Choose a group, and park behind your Group Leader’s car. Martin R (yellow Elise s2 Sport 190 with stripes) and Lotusram (white “new shape” Elise) will be leading groups for those that are a little less confident, and they will be setting off last and last but one. Late arrivals will necessarily join these groups also. We will aim for 10 cars per group, so if a group is full, please choose another.

Each Group Leader will have packs piled in or by their car to distribute to each group member. Please take one on arrival. One per car, these will include the route directions, maps and other bits and bobs.

Introduce yourself to your Group Leader. They will direct you to the form you need to sign so that we are MSA permit compliant (insurance dictates this guys, I am sure you all understand)

There will be a short briefing at 7.35am.

We hope there will be no late arrivals, but if there are any they should see their Group Leader who will brief them before setting off. A typed note of the briefing will also be included in the pack.

Please note – we will not wait for anyone who has not arrived by the time the last group is due to set off. Sorry, but if we don’t get a clean start it will screw up all the timings and cause problems with being allowed on our pitch at Chatsworth. If you do not arrive in time, try and make it to Carsington Water, postcode DE6 1ST, where you should be able to join the Run. Failing that, Hassop Station, postcode DE45 1NW.

The first group, led by me (quartz silver s2 with, ahem, front end remodelling) will set off at 7.40am.

Subsequent groups will set off 2 or 3 minutes after the last car in the preceding group.

The Run Rules will be explained in the Briefing. Nothing complicated, just common sense mostly.

Make sure you have enough petrol. There is a BP garage at the Services, but allow time if you need to fill up. Remember you must be parked behind your Group Leader, with your pack and signed-on in time for the 7.35am briefing.

Don’t forget cash for food at Hassop (£4 pp for cob & brew), £5 parking fee for Chatsworth, £6-7 pp for those that are having the catered picnic, and for raffle tickets (we have some great prizes, big thanks to ExigeLaura for sorting that) and more if you want to have a look inside the house, gardens etc.

Please bring picnic blankets and/or camping chairs to sit on at the picnic.

If you have golfing umbrellas or similar they may come in handy (As parasols I hope!)

Please take as many photos as you can because my kids broke my camera!

Finally double check your car is insured, MOTd and taxed would you? It is easy to make a mistake as to when your MOT runs out (isn’t it Dr H?!)

Thanks People. I hope you all have fun come the day – even if there is a bit of rain!

Looking forward to it.

Dean

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No Scatty, i think Dean mentioned the cake, perhaps you should offer bake one after washing his car on Saturday?

blimey. i'd better ask him if i can stay over friday night. id hate to get my sponges mixed up. (ha ha, see what i did)...

errr il get mi coat....hitler.gif

Will all attendees please read the following. It contains important information about the day, and will hopefully ensure everything runs smoothly.

...stuff...

Thanks People. I hope you all have fun come the day – even if there is a bit of rain!

Looking forward to it.

Dean

I know it's on another thread, and apologies for being pedantic, but can I just add a reminder that those doing the run MUST be registered on SELOC in order to satisfy the MSA insurance rules.

(This doesn't apply if you're going straight to Chatsworth)

Thanks.

PS: Really well done to Dean for organising this - well done that man! drive1.gif

Finally double check your car is insured, MOTd and taxed would you? It is easy to make a mistake as to when your MOT runs out (isn’t it Dr H?!)

Dean

Well I kind of have an excuse that I have 3 cars so have trouble keepihng track - but it's still f**king stupid of me!

Archived