litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Chatsworth Meet Versus The Weather...

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its 42 degrees where i am at present. I land at 11pm saturday night so luckily will be there still :-) best dig out my winter coat!! Massive thanks to Dean for organising what im sure will be an amazing day!! Looking forward to meeting all the MLOCers i havnt yet met !

I'm up in northumberland on hols this week and every day the weather forecast has been for the rain to be lashing down - whilst it isn't quite 42 degrees here, yesterday i got sunburned and today i'm sat outside enjoying a nice cold beer, so i've stopped believing the doom-mongering weather forecasters! Looking forward to sunday a lot.

Gutted that it clashes with my triathlon. When I was there a couple of weeks ago, I thought what a brilliant venue for the event and will be fantastic to see all the Lotus cars there. They had 3 Bentley parked there and people flocked around those...... just think with all those Lotus

I just went to pick up Elsie from the body shop... she wouldn't start- the cow! She's never had a problem with rain before (not that she sees it often) but the garage had just moved her outside for me to collect when the heavens opened.

After an hour, I decided to leave her there overnight, but on the way home in my other car, got a phone call to say she had decided to start. I think I might need to buy a rain cover for Sunday else I'll need more than a push off the grass!

post-3273-0-54212000-1341423047_thumb.jpg

Looking less and less like weather for a 340R..........

From BBC weather:

Bakewell - Fri to Sun

Unsettled with showers or longer spells of rain but also some drier and brighter interludes. Showers will be heavy and thundery at times with some localised torrential downpours possible.

I'm another who has been keeping a watchful eye on the forecast for the weekend. The question is looking like: Do i want to spend 4 hours inside a small confined space with the missus in the pi$$ing rain on my one day off?

Hmm

I'm another who has been keeping a watchful eye on the forecast for the weekend. The question is looking like: Do i want to spend 4 hours inside a small confined space with the missus in the pi$$ing rain on my one day off?

Hmm

could be worse. you could have my mrs.....

Will not be missing this for a few drops of rain, we are BRITISH after all, stiff upper lip and all........

I am sure we can all muck in and resolve any issues that arise, resourceful lot MLOC'ers you know.

Went to Darley Park in Derby Saturday for an open air concert, sat in a camping chair with an umbrella up eating a picnic, then went to the Serpentine on the Sunday, great training............

Be a good tester having fitted after Market doors and all. Actually just finished bonding on the seals tonight.

To clean or not to clean............

Ouch! Take it SWMBO doesn't read your posts then Scatty?!

I'm snitching on Sunday and then sitting by Scatty's car to watch the entertainment lol.

Archived