litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Volunteers Needed

We urgently need group leaders for the Chatsworth run. So far only 3 people have volunteered. Big-up to Russelld, IGYW and lotusram.

Without enough group leaders the whole run will be seriously compromised. We need at least another 3.

Anyone willing to help?

There's an MLOC 10 year anniversary sticker in it for you - in advance!

i can e mail you the route, it is not too complicated. No special skills required - just good sense.

Dean

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dean, i would do but i have my mrs in a pax with me and she would get us lost and i dont think i could drive and navigate not knowing the roads... can the route be made in to a file to be put a sat nav, i know mlocers have done this before... ifso i might be able to help out...

Thanks for the response guys. Can you let me have your e mail addresses (by PM) so I can send you the route? You can have a look then and decide.

Chris, I think it wouldn't be too difficult to make up a satnav file, but I don't know how to do it. Someone on here may be able to help....

Dean , far be it from me to tell you how to organise this. If it were me i would get the groups arranged before hand. Sort out the appropriate number of " leaders " and allocate people to the groups.

I presume this will be a proper touring assembly as opposed to some of the Midland runs in the past laugh.png If that is the case it makes no difference who is following who and in which group.

Make sure the people know in each group who is the " leader " and its job done. It will turn into a headache otherwise on the morning and an extra stress you do not need IMO

hi dean, if you get stuck for leaders I don't mind leading as I've done my fair share of leading in the past. I'll just need the route in advance and I'll program it in to the sat nav.

phil

hi dean, if you get stuck for leaders I don't mind leading as I've done my fair share of leading in the past. I'll just need the route in advance and I'll program it in to the sat nav.

phil

Phil, good man. Now you need to tell us all how to do it smile.png We dont want to go via the Black country either tongue.gif

if you've got a tom tom or garmin with itinerary planning function I can create a file that you just drop on to your sat nav :-)

I'll try en mek sure we wo go daoun black countree!!! :-P

it depends on which version. the older ones seem to all have it. if on the main menu you can find an icon saying itinerary planning usually with a couple of yellow arrows then you're good to go :-)

Archived