litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Lotus Lmp2 Second Day At The 24 Hours Of Le Mans

Mark H

#31 Thomas Holzer (GER) – Mirco Schultis (GER) – Luca Moro (ITA)

Qualifying Session 2

#31 no lap time

Qualifying Session 3

#31 Position 17 (LMP2) Lap time 3:45.664 (Holzer)

Mixed fortunes for Lotus at the second day of the 24 Hours of Le Mans.

In the second qualifying, Luca Moro had to stop the car on his out lap immediately after the start of the session because of an engine failure. The mechanics did an incredible job and managed to change the engine in less than 50 minutes.

The Lotus LMP2 car was ready for the third and final qualifying and the drivers got more track time. All in all, it was a decent qualifying result for the team that is now looking forward to the race and hoping to finish in a good position.

Thomas Holzer, Race driver #31:

“It was a good third qualifying today and I was able to improve lap by lap. It is a shame that we were not running in second qualifying and we lost valuable time out on track. Maybe we could have done better, but it is just qualifying, what counts is the race. A big thank you to the mechanics which did an unbelievable job by changing the engine in record time.”

Mirco Schultis, Race driver #31:

“First of all, I would like to thank the mechanics who did a great job today. It is a shame that we could not run in second qualifying and we lost important track time. It will be a long race and everything is possible, I am looking forward to it.”

Luca Moro, Race driver #31:

“Unfortunately, we couldn’t run in the second qualifying session due to an engine failure. But the mechanics worked very fast and managed to fix the car for the third qualifying. After that, we did not take any risk and did some laps to make sure that the car is okay.”

This post has been promoted to an article

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived