litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Mloc@chatsworth 2012 Food Orders

The big day is drawing near so we all need to make sure food orders have been placed.

About 35 of the 60-odd coming have let me have orders, but not every one of those orders has been complete.

To remind you, I need to know the following:

1) If you are coming on the run or not. I am assuming people are UNLESS they pm and tell me different

2) What people want to eat for breakfast. The choice is:

Bacon cob

Sausage cob

Vegetarian sausage cob

Egg cob

3) what people want to drink for breakfast. The choice is:

Tea

Coffee

Please note - the arrangement we have with the cafe we are stopping at is that they can cater for all of us, but only if we place our orders in advance. If you don't get your order in by the end of June you may go hungry!

4) If you want the catered picnic Mrs B is offering or not. It will be 6 or 7 quid pp, pay on the day (cost price, not for profit). This is by no means compulsory, but it would be great if those of you who prefer to sort out your own food would join the rest for a big picnic.

Get your PMs to me asap guys!

Thanks

Dean

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Dean,

For Number 16 on the list....(me and MrsB)

1) Yes

2)2x Bacon

3)1xtea, 1xcoffee

4) 2 to participate in YOUR Mrs B in the picnic please.

Cheers,

Kurt

Bump!

Can you pm me your orders if poss? It helps me avoid confusion - I am not as young as I was!

Ta.

Oh, and I think I mentioned earlier I am not taking any money before the day - breakfasts will be paid for direct to the cafe, evryone will need a fiver to pay Chatsworth for parking (bring more if you want to go in to the garden, house and/or playground but we do get a discount) and those that are having the picnic will need to pay Mrs B or myself. We are not making a profit, and will be shelling out for the food in advance, so could I ask everyone that commits to the picnic to let me have the money even if for whatever reason you can't make it? Otherwise I could be out of pocket. If people are not keen on that idea I suppose we could keep it free and easy and spread the cost of any food purchased for non-attendees amongst those that do attend, but that would not be entirely fair either.

I should say again in case people didn't see the earlier posts, neither Mrs B nor I will be making any money from this. We are doing it for the club, and because we rather enjoy it.

Sorry if this was a boring post guys and gals but it had been worrying me slightly.

Dean

Hi people - more important info:

I am afraid I must fix a cut-off point for picnic orders so we are able to properly plan and cater it.

The cut-off point will be this Sunday, 17th June, at 11pm.

Anyone that wants the picnic please PM me before then. I hope those that choose to sort out their own food will still join us on the riverbank (by the bridge, as you drive in) to eat, and for the raffle draw and results of the car of the day competition.

The cut off point for breakfast orders can be a little later, Sunday 24th June at 11pm.

Dean

Hi Dean

U2U sent for pinic for 2 plus a 5 year old - they will be coming along later in the day. So long as there are cheese sandwiches he'll be happy!

Cheers

Thanks to everyone who has placed their food orders so far. Mrs Bs catered picnic option is now full, but if anyone wants breakfast at the morning cafe stop please let me know this week.

Thanks guys.

Dean

• 2 weeks later...

Last shout out for anyone that hasn't placed a breakfast order - time is running out guys. Send me a PM.

One other thing - and I hope this is not controversial - Mrs Bower will be ordering the food for the picnic tomorrow. Will all those that have ordered the picnic please commit to paying the 6 or 7 quid per person EVEN IF THEY DROP OUT?

This is because the picnic is to be supplied at the cost price of the food only. No one is taking a profit, and so there is no margin which can absorb a few no-shows. If people order a picnic but do not attend and therefore pay for it, either those that do attend would have to pay more or Mrs Bower would have to stand the shortfall (she is obviously paying for the food up front).

I hope people agree that this is fair, and in accordance with the spirit of the club, but would welcome other views/affirmation/other suggestions.

I don't expect many no-shows, unless it p*ss*s it down. That's what I'm worried about.

Dean

Archived