litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Lotus With Two Cars In Fia World Endurance Championship

Mark H

Lotus is pleased to announce that the team will run two cars at the 6 Hours of Spa.

After the successful first appearance at the inaugural event of FIA WEC in Sebring, Lotus is set to contest the next round in Belgium with two cars.

American Kevin Weeda and Briton James Rossiter will join the team and race alongside Thomas Holzer, Mirco Schultis and Luca Moro in Spa.

Kevin Weeda was recently contesting in the 2012 Gulf 12 Hours being held at Yas Marina Circuit in Abu Dhabi. He was also racing historic Ferrari Formula One cars at the Ferrari Historic Challenge and in European and American Radical Masters, where he won the race in Laguna Seca in 2011.

James Rossiter was test and development driver for Honda and Super Aguri in Formula One between 2005 and 2008. He was also contesting in American Le Mans Series in 2008. Last year, the Briton was participating in the 1000 km race of Spa and the prestigious 24 Hours of Le Mans in a Lotus Evora GTE.

Lotus is looking forward to the 6 Hours of Spa where the team is going to field two prototypes for the very first time. The event will take place on Saturday, 5th May 2012.

Kevin Weeda:

“It is an honour and a privilege to be racing with Lotus this year in the inaugural season of the FIA WEC. It’s incredible to be involved with a team as iconic as Lotus and to work with such an experienced crew. I am also fortunate to have an opportunity to co-drive with my friend James Rossiter and I am excited about running the Lotus LMP2 for the first time. I am looking forward to our test at Paul Ricard and the race at the historic Spa circuit.”

James Rossiter:

“I feel very honoured to be part of Lotus again and to race for the team in FIA WEC this year. It is great for my career to be back racing in LMP2 class. Representing the legendary Lotus colours means a lot to me and I hope that we will have good results. I would especially like to thank Kevin Weeda for making this opportunity a reality.”

This post has been promoted to an article

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived