litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

France Safety Cameras

amoss

Please be aware that the law regarding speed cameras in France changed recently, and it is now an offence to have any device that identifies the location of cameras, including POIs in Sat Navs. Radar detectors were banned a while ago but "Les Bleus" have now banned everything basically.

The offence is having it so if you go to France ensure that the function in your Sat Nav is switched off before you enter France.

The penalty is up to 1500 Euros!!!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Please note that they are not legally allowed to check your device... If your gps has speed cam warning on it, turn it off before getting out of the car. They cannot ask to turn it on to check. If they do, mention it is illegal.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

and what about the new forthcoming law where you have to have an alcohol breath tester carried with you in the vehicle geek.gif

I just bought a couple from Halfrauds. They were also on the boat. I had a Police bike pull along side me on Friday and he had a very good look at my factory fitted sat nav. Mine doesnt have speed cams on it but I will need to remember to switch off on the wifes.

50mg in france rather than 80mg, so best not to touch any drink in my humble opinion.

My iPhone TomTom app has removed safety camera info for France but by some strange coincidence they have added danger points which are very close to the speed cameras! :-)

• 3 months later...

sacré bleu !!

They feed us Horse meat and now this!

Maybe its just another revenue stream.

So let me get this right, for France we need a hi vis jacket (in case we breakdown, a breathalyser, and we are now not allowed any speed correction/reminder device. Is there anything else to look out for?

We have a few France trips planned this year ....

Archived