litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Car Cutting Out Whilst On The Move !

LIVY

:) Hi All

Just got my Elise S1 back from having a C Service done at Horizon. Drove home to Kettering without any probs.

Decided to take it out Yesterday and it wouldn’t start. Plenty of power in the battery getting a spark from the plugs and checked the immobiliser, all seemed fine.

Read through the manual and it mentioned the inertia switch and resetting it which I did and it started.

I’ve just taken the car two miles down the road and went over a small hole and the car cut out completely. No power and just came to a stop.

Tried the inertia switch again and nothing. The diaphragm bit hadn’t popped up at all.

Has anyone got any ideas why this might be happening?

Any help would be great as getting towed home by this missus is a bit embarrassing :D and I'd like to try and make the most of this short lived summer while I can.

Cheers

Livy

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Guys,

thanks for your feedback.

Hows this for levels of service. Spoke to Mike at Horizon and explained what had happened. After pondering over it he told me that he would send someone out to collect the car take it back to Horizon and check it on his diagnostic machine.

I suppose if anyone can find the cause Mike can.

They really have surpassed themselves this time and to think that they are upto their eyes in boxes what with the move and everything.

Top it all off I live 70 miles away.

;) Wouldn't get that level of service from a main dealer.

Livy

Archived