litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Is Your Lotus

christurbo

Is your Lotus your main car or a weekend blast/ 2nd car????  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Is your Lotus your main car or a weekend blast/ 2nd car????

• Its my main car
    • Its my weekend/fun/2nd car

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Main car and love it. The kids at school love it too!

All the other teachers make comments about what i must be doing on the side to be able to afford it :(

I am trying to steal the 'Mondog' whenever i can when the weather is crappy though and will do now until it's sort of March time.

It is hard with Liam's shifts to try and steal his car, only get it once or twice a week, will make a special effort though when it snows as there is no way i'll be driving the Lotus in snow if i can help it! I don't trust my driving :)

• 2 years later...

What! A thread I haven't posted in!! :o

Oh well, mine has been a daily drive for 3 1/2 years, but now with the baby on the way and the wife on maternity leave, it is tucked up in the garage for a well earned rest, and the fwd Fiesta is now being put through its paces! :)

• 3 weeks later...

me too - only car, although I too normally walk to work (I'm sick of people asking what it is, and how much I paid for it - oh and saying "You must be earning too much" - when in truth it's not about the cash.. I bet 80% of cars in our car park cost more than my S1)

:bangin: i get that , think i earn loads ,i dnt drink or smoke ,spend it on cars instead :drive: .I use mine as much as i can ,depends if got to pick kids up or if got to get stock for work ,got a vectra for other car at moment ,but goin to sell that and get a cheapy car so can keep me elise :)

Hope it clears up inside a couple of weeks - it's booked in with Dave Andrews for some TLC.

Will be very interested to hear what TLC you have performed and how much lighter it makes your pocket ? (If that's not too rude ) ;)

Are you taking the car down or just the engine ?

Sorry to drift off the topic !

• 1 month later...

oh and saying "You must be earning too much" - when in truth it's not about the cash.. I bet 80% of cars in our car park cost more than my S1)

Yip know that comment ALL too well, but I dont tell them how much it cost I just smile sweetly or they'll all want one :lol:

I use mine daily through rain, snow, ice & sunshine - I do have a Clio as well but my aim is to sell it and spend some money on the Lotus (& possibly another motorbike) I wanted to see how I got on during the winter first, and I only had a couple of weeks of not being able to use it when the snow was really bad up here. I am lucky & was able to work from home, but I'd have done the same with the Clio anyway. I did a great sideways exit from the estate onto the main road this week though which was different!

Havent been able to vote as I can see the buttons but not the text :(

• 5 months later...

4th vehicle at home and used the third most after the stealth Honda Accord and the Mrs's Swift. Only the Daf horsebox gets used less and yet is by far the most expensive to insure! Something wrong about that.

Archived