litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Nitron Street Series

Russelise

hi,i have a s1 elise with 12480 miles on the clock which is 13 years old now.i have owned it for the past 6 years and it is totaly standard apart from a aluminium throttle and a kn panel filter.i feel it is time to treat her so i am looking at either a janspeed or larini sports cat and back box and either s2 bilstein or nitron street series shocks.not looking at doing any track days just road use.if anyone has fitted these items then feed back either positive or negative would be greatly recieved thanks Russ.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Russ, welcome to MLOC :bye:

I've been through 2 sets of Billies on my S2, and have recently fitted NSS and they are great. I love them over the Billies, the difference between the settings for road and track are great. If you are using them for road them tightening them up for a 'proper' driver would make a good change to the setup and balance of the car. I'm really glad I have switched, they seem to be a great 'budget' adjustable shock.

Hi Russ, welcome to MLOC :bye:

I've been through 2 sets of Billies on my S2, and have recently fitted NSS and they are great. I love them over the Billies, the difference between the settings for road and track are great. If you are using them for road them tightening them up for a 'proper' driver would make a good change to the setup and balance of the car. I'm really glad I have switched, they seem to be a great 'budget' adjustable shock.

I also have a set of NSS fitted to my S2

well worth the money myself and jon both have s2s but lummo on here has them filled to an S1, he should be along soon

you could pm him

I also have a set of NSS fitted to my S2

well worth the money myself and jon both have s2s but lummo on here has them filled to an S1, he should be along soon

you could pm him

:bye:

Yep, very pleased with the Nitron Street Series so far.

Not used them in anger on track, but on the road they seem much better (and quieter) than the old Konis that came off. I'm still fiddling with the settings - I've got them set quite soft at the moment, which seems to suit our pothole-riddled roads a bit better.

I kept the standard ride height 'cos I've got a bit of an awkward drive to get on & off, but I might try lowering the front a little bit at some point.

Top Gear Automotive in Wolverhampton fitted mine for me, but IIRC stockhome fitted his himself if that's the way you want to go.

There is a lot of travel for the ride height, mine came down about 15mm front and rear if i remember right.

Pre NSS:

gallery_1516_242_124230.jpg

Post NSS:

gallery_1516_242_24997.jpg

Looks a hell of a lot better with the new ride height, also feels a lot more balanced as well!

Archived