litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Lightweight Battery

graeme_laslett

Hi All

While the front clam is off, i've gone and got a smaller, much lighter racing battery (Odyseey PC625) to help with weight reduction.

I've hot a problem with fitting, as such that I need to drill 4 holes to secure the battery (it's smaller and the old bettery clamp is'nt going to work), but I need to drill the holes through the flooe of the front service compartment.

On inspection the place I need to drill is the only part of the car that does not have any holes in it what so ever!! It's the 5 pieces of bonded floor to the right of point B in the attached pic.

This leads me to think that this is a special bit of the car. Why did lotus go to so much trouble to bond this section, not only the five pieces together, but also to the chassis?

What would be the issues of four 5 mm holes in the section if I keep clear of the bonds?

Thanks

G

post-1385-0-15662600-1309527491_thumb.gif

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive found the best way to search on SELOC is the following. Decide what words are most appropriate to use. ie in this case lightweight battery, oddesy and fixing and enter it in the search box with + in between. so in the search box you have

+lightweight+oddesy+battery+fixing

Then click on the technical forum if thats what you want to search and then select from the begining. Leave the other boxes empty :D Works for me HTH

Archived