litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

'limited Edition' Blurb

EliseyDoesIt

Hi chaps,

i've recently seen the light and bought my first Lotus - an s1 111s Elise. Now i realise what i've been missing... fantastic fun! Anyway, the car was advertised as 'Limited Edition' - why?... i dunno!

Looks exactly the same as other Elises to me. Is this just blurb applied to all Lotus cars? Is there any way i can check (before i go ahead and start making mods)? :lol:

Thanks in advance.

Andy

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Andy - welcome to MLOC!

Congrats on your purchase - bet you wish you'd done it sooner :P Just imagine, the next step on your 'Lotus Journey' could be in to an S2 111s...

:lol: I jest

The tag 'Limited Edition' is not something that should be allocated to any old Elise. If I was you, I'd post a pic of your new toy on here so someone on the forum can let you know, or if you haven't got a digi camera or camera phone, just add a description to this thread. Mention colour, age, interior spec, etc.

Cheer, Rich

Hi Andy - welcome to MLOC!

Congrats on your purchase - bet you wish you'd done it sooner :P  Just imagine, the next step on your 'Lotus Journey' could be in to an S2 111s...

:lol:  I jest

The tag 'Limited Edition' is not something that should be allocated to any old Elise. If I was you, I'd post a pic of your new toy on here so someone on the forum can let you know, or if you haven't got a digi camera or camera phone, just add a description to this thread. Mention colour, age, interior spec, etc.

Thanks for the welcome Rich. Upgrade to an s2? lol ... sequels aren't always as good as the original y'know! ;)

Here's Lizzy..

theelise.JPG

Titanium 111s 1999 Black leather seats

TIA

Regards,

Andy

Looks great Andy!! You've got a stunna!! :P

I'm not too hot with all the S1 limited editions I'm afraid, I only really know the type 49 and the like that are really obvious due to their individual paint jobs. I bet someone here will be able to help you out with yours though

Are you up for coming on our next run on July 31st? It would be a great opp for you to see loads more Lotus and to show off yours... and the drivin' bit aint half bad either :lol: More info on the events section...

Cheers, Rich

Andy,

Looks very nice.

From the photo and spec I can't see why it should be described as a limited edition.

There were a few special ones, type 49, 79 and Millenium spring to mind.

Yours isn't any of those but they were only really cosmetic bits and bobs anyway.

You are obviously looking at the most "rounded" elise of all time in the 111s (flame suit on!) but that one aint no limited edition by the looks of things.

In actual fact the titanium grey was a very popular colour in 111s spec.

Grear car none the less.

Dunc

Thanks Dunc - yep, that's exactly what i thought. I just didn't want to fook up by making changes if there weren't many of this 'type' around. Yay - now for mod #1 - short-shifter here i come.

TTFN

Andy

Welcome to MLOC and lotus ownership ;)

In 1998 just 2 111s were made, 1999 1,150 111s were produced and in 2000 only 335 were made totaling 1,489 so i suppose they are a pretty limited car.

As far as mods are concerned, there are'nt that many standard elise around.

Nearly everyone has either replaced the zorst or added the odd bit of alloy interior jewlery :lol:

And quite a number of cars have upgraded the suspension, air filters etc.

See you at a meet soon :P

Greg

Andy

Welcome to MLOC and lotus ownership :D

In 1998 just 2 111s were made, 1999 1,150 111s were produced and in 2000 only 335 were made totaling 1,489 so i suppose they are a pretty limited car.

As far as mods are concerned, there are'nt that many standard elise around.

Nearly everyone has either replaced the zorst or added the odd bit of alloy interior jewlery :blush:

And quite a number of cars have upgraded the suspension, air filters etc.

See you at a meet soon :)

Greg

going on the same thread as eliseydoesit mine is a 160 sport supposedly one of the original 50 made by lotus, does that make it more valuable or was i sold alot of blub??? :vampire:

now for mod #1 - short-shifter here i come.

Matey,

Speak to "billy 5641"

He sources a short shifter and uprated bushes. Just bought one off him and it looks very nice quality - similar to the elise parts one :vampire:

Not fitted mine yet.

Dunc

ferk,

the first 50 160's were the ones that went through SVA, they differed from the later 160's in that they had a GEMS ECU instead of the EFI one. Not sure what the other differences were.

Don't imagine it would affect value though, although i could be wrong. I have seen a 160 without sport written after it and it didnt have LSS and so forth.

JM

S1 111s had a "close ratio" box as standard.

S2 all have "close ratio" box except the 111s.

Close ratio refers to there being less difference between the gear ratios than on a normal box.

Short shift refers to the gear lever and the amount of movement required to change cogs.

Hope this helps :)

I thought a 111s had a short shift gear box as std? Or is that a short ratio gearbox I am confused with?

As Steve says, S1 111S's have shorter ratios, i.e. more revs for the same speed and better acceleration (maximising effect of the extra power).

Lever etc are all the same

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone :P

i've already bought the short-shifter, just waiting on the bushes. The short shifter as Steve mentioned relates to the shorter 'throw' needed to change gear.

Archived