litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

You See That Guy Across The Office....

malbon

I did that :blink:

thats what happens when you get a long lunch, empty country roads and a craving for something that you havent done for 3 months - driving an elise in anger :drive:

Jese...I love this car :blush:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How different does it feel to your old one?

Same engine (111s?)? What about suspension, wheels & tyres?

Presumably the roof doesn't come off?

Can you feel the downforce?

yes it works. the last thing to do was the ecu/immobiliser compatability. i had a right arse trying to sort this one out. anyway, if you have a new ecu it needs syncing with the mobby. once that was done i was on the road.

its been about 3 months since i first got it. for those who dont know about it. basically i sold my old 111s with a view to purchase this blue car that you see on eliseparts.com

it is a std 98 elise that someone threw a heap of money on. i bought it sans an engine as the old one blew up. i then purchased another vvc engine and had it put in my Martin and Steve Edwards at lotuspower.co.uk.

They installed the engine and rehauled the whole car to a ridisculously high and detailed standard. we're not worthy :blink:

What i have now is a Motorsport Elise in Laser Blue with a VVC engine.

also have a janspeed 4:2:1 manifold, janspeed supersport, hurricane and a de-cat so its quite loud :drive:

its got quite a big spec. which i have listed below.

in answer to your questions graeme - yes it feels fast ! well it would do as ive only had it a night ! the nitron suspension is superb - v.firm tho as i think the springs are something like 325/400 - compare that to standard spring rates of something like 100 !

the wheels are 17/18 fr/rear with ali belled discs, ebc pads and braided hoses. i wasnt sure how the wheels would feel but handling up to yet feels great !

i obviosuly havent pushed it as ive forgot how to drive the damn thing. first reminder was this lunchtime. i was shaking more than he was but he didnt stop smiling all afternoon and kept repeating "that was awesome !"

what else is there ? - oh -the downforce ? -not sure yet - exige owners say it works.

roof doesn't come off. it is basically like an exige but with quick-release clams.

its also got the eliseparts race seats and 4-point harnesses. feel great - but for everyday its gonna be a pain. ive also lost my boot - for everyday use anyway. its got a motorsport lid which needs unscrewing everytime. fine for weekend trips away but not for everyday.

spec. is

Full Lotus Motorsport Body (Completely New Panels)

Full respray in Laser Blue (A Factory Option Lotus Colour)

Fully armourfended

111s Headlight Covers

Aero Petrol Filler Cap

Type R Motorpsort decals - in anticipation of.. :blush:

B10WN K Spaced Number Plates with 3/4 size front.

Full Nitron Gas Adjustable Suspension

Rimstock Motorsport Wheels (Anthracite) only car with 17's + 18" in the country

Bridgestone S02 Rubber (215/17/40 fronts + 235/18/40 rears)

Motorsport Aluminum Bell Grooved and drilled Disks

EBC Greenstuff Racing Pads

Braided Hoses

Braided Clutch Pipe

Motorsport Seats (Carbon Fibre black leather with blue centre alcantara) with 6 point harness accessiblity

Eliseparts Harness Bar

FIA approved LUKE 4 point harnesses.

Carbon Fibre leather sill pads

Blue Alcantara Dash / Instrument binnacle

Sparco Alacantara removable s/wheel

Carbon Fibre Interior parts

Titanium Winders and Aluminium Fixers

Engine Starter Button

Janspeed Exige SuperSports Exhaust (single oval exhaust)

De Cat Pipe

Remote Thermostat

Heavy Duty Radiator

3x ARB and uprated bushes

Items added Since

Standard 1.8 VVC engine with new cambelts, new HT leads, new coil pack

Close Ratio Gearbox

Janspeed 4:2:1 Manifold with Janspeed Flexi Downpipe

Red Hurricane Air Filter

Martin Edwards Rear Diffuser

Elise 111s Front Grille

Sony mp3 player

cheers fellas.

none of its my doing really. it was already on there. geary powell and jonathan wareing made it. they took it a step too far with the types of engines they put in though and for that reason its hardly been on the road...its done just 11000 miles :o

i've always had 111s vvc's and thought it sensible to go with what i know and stick one of these in. tbh it feels absolutely superb - maybe a little loud ! but a great power delivery. i had a choice of engines really - mostly offcasts from audi/honda converts but im v. happy with this.

anyones more than welcome to have a nose or a lift. im trying to get a few miles on it before le mans as its been standing for a while. id rather things go wrong now than in france :( . so it u fancy a meet and a blast then give me a shout.

ill post some new pics at the weekend when iv cleaned it. looks quite different with the diffuser :)

anyones more than welcome to have a nose or a lift.  im trying to get a few miles on it before le mans as its been standing for a while.  id rather things go wrong now than in france  :o . so it u fancy a meet and a blast then give me a shout.

ill post some new pics at the weekend when iv cleaned it.  looks quite different with the diffuser  :)

Nice one Jon.

Weekend run out ??

Rimstock Motorsport Wheels (Anthracite) only car with 17's + 18" in the country

Does that mean there is some poor sod somewhere with 18"ers on the front and 17"s on the back of their car!

Glad to hear you've got it on the road - perhaps a celebration run at the weekend?!

If you guys go out for a "non-run" this weekend will one of you drop me a u2u? I'll try and make it, been ages since i've been out on a run (or "non" run).

Weather is supposed to be good as well!

Archived